To run simulations with the NX-OSv 9000 image, you must be running VIRL version 1.2.83 or higher, but there is one important caveat. Given the nature of the NX-OSv 9000 prerequisites, you must be using a VIRL 1.2.83 instance that was installed from the virl.1.2.83 OVA or ISO. That is, NX-OSv 9000 simulations will probably not work if you originally installed an earlier version of VIRL and performed an in-place upgrade to VIRL 1.2.83. In that case, you would have to reinstall VIRL 1.2.83 or deploy the latest supported VIRL PE release.
Ensure that your VIRL server has sufficient resources available before attempting to run NX-OSv 9000 simulations. Visit Cisco Nexus 9000v Resource Requirements for detailed information.
Installing the NX-OSv 9000 Image in VIRL
- Be sure that your system meets the prerequisites listed above before proceeding.
- In your web browser, login to the UWM web application on the VIRL server.
- Select VIRL Server > VIRL Software.
- Click Recheck Available Versions
- Mark the NX-OSv 9000 reference platform image for installation:
- Click the Start Installation button at the top of the page. Wait for download and installation to complete.
- When finished, click the OK button
- Synchronize VM Maestro so it displays the newly available image.
- Open VM Maestro and click File > Preferences > NodeSubtypes.
- Click Fetch from Server button.
- Locate NX-OSv 9000 in the table of subtypes and set Show in Palette to True
- Click OK on the Node Preferences dialog.
- You should now see NX-OSv 9000 listed (and available for use) along with the other Nodes in the Topology Palette view in VM Maestro.
Please visit Cisco Nexus 9000v Guidelines and Limitations for an updated and complete list of known issues.