This is a great place to start when have hit a wall and looking for a quick answer. While we do not have the answer to all problems most of the common (and some not so common) issues are likely to be found here. This list will grow as users like you post questions and follow through resolution.
- T-Shoot: VIRL OVA Import Fails
- T-Shoot: VIRL Installation / Deployment Failure
- T-Shoot: UWM admin page unavailable; error: "unable to connect"
- T-Shoot: KVM-ok; Your CPU does not support KVM extensions
- How to: Collect Logs For VIRL Troubleshooting
Licensing / Salt Master Connectivity
- T-Shoot: "Failed to collect current salt contact status"
- T-Shoot: NTP errors and connectivity on VIRL
- T-Shoot: Reseting your license key
VM Maestro (VMM) Common Errors
- T-Shoot: VM Maestro
- T-Shoot: Simulation(s) not displayed in VM Maestro
- T-Shoot: Stuck Simulation in VM Maestro
- T-Shoot: Suppressing the VM Maestro "secure storage" prompt in Linux
Scripts for Troubleshooting
- VIRL Server Network Interface Locator
- VIRL Server Config Validation
- VIRL Server Salt Connectivity Validation
- VIRL Live Packet Capture (Mac)
- VIRL Live Packet Capture (Windows)
VIRL on Packet*
* A new Packet deployment method has been announced. This section is listed for educational and archival purposes only!
To use VIRL PE on Packet.net, please visit Deploying VIRL on Packet