This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
SPAN on the Catalyst 2940, 2950, 2955, 2960, 2970, 3550, 3560, 3560-E, 3750 and 3750-E Series Switches
These are guidelines for the configuration of the SPAN feature on the Catalyst 2940, 2950, 2955, 2960, 2970, 3550, 3560, 3560-E, 3750, and 3750-E Series Switches:
- The Catalyst 2950 Switches can have only one SPAN session active at a time and can monitor only source ports. These switches cannot monitor VLANs.
- The Catalyst 2950 and 3550 Switches can forward traffic on a destination SPAN port in Cisco IOS Software Release 12.1(13)EA1 and later.
- The Catalyst 3550, 3560, and 3750 Switches can support up to two SPAN sessions at a time and can monitor source ports as well as VLANs.
- The Catalyst 2970, 3560, and 3750 Switches do not require the configuration of a reflector port when you configure an RSPAN session.
- The Catalyst 3750 Switches support session configuration with the use of source and destination ports that reside on any of the switch stack members.
- Only one destination port is allowed per SPAN session, and the same port cannot be a destination port for multiple SPAN sessions. Therefore, you cannot have two SPAN sessions that use the same destination port.