0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2015 3:40 PM by AceScottie RSS

Server Firewall setup with external file/email server

AceScottie

Hello im having a little trouble with creating a firewall for half of a network using packet tracer.

The network i am trying to create is for a small business that has a shop floor with some additional office space (10 PCs, 1 laptop and a file server). However i must implement a BYOD (bring your own Device) service while maintaining a decent level of security.

The solution i had was to create a wired network and a wireless network and run the wireless network through a strict firewall while allowing the wired one to be a less strict firewall.

(pictures attached)

My set up to the wireless network is as follows: router->ASA 5505->firewall->switch->AccessPoint

My set up to the wired network is as follows: router->ASA 5505-> sw1,sw2,file server

So basically the ASA 5505 (something im not entirely sure on) is at the centre of the network adn the firewall server is between the 5505 and the access points.

The Wireless network has its own DHCP server (the firewall server) and ip range of 10.0.0.#

The Wired network has its own DHCP server (the file server) and ip range of 192.168.1.#

i have a computer on the wireless network i want to access the file server (ip 10.0.0.3 connecting to 192.168.1.150) but no matter what i do i cant seem to get the connected.