Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > Security (CCNA Security) > Discussions

_Communities

3782 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2009 12:53 AM by BjoernK RSS

Currently Being Moderated

CCNA Security Discussion Week 8 - Implement the Cisco IOS IPS feature set using SDM

Oct 18, 2009 1:55 PM

Paul Stewart  -  CCIE Security, CCSI 6,972 posts since
Jul 18, 2008

Tody begins CCNA Security discussion week 8. I would like to encourage discussion on the topics listed below.  As previously stated, I am not intimately familiar with the depth of knowledge required for items on the IINS blueprint. However, through work in the field and my CCIE Security studies, I have become fairly familiar with key topics themselves. I will note that this week is again mostly SDM stuff that others can be of more assistance than I (I don't generally use SDM).

I wish to thank the following individuals for their participation and discussion with last week's topics:

Bjoern

Leo Pastor

Jared H.

Conwyn

Travis Newshott

Previous Topics:

Describe the security threats facing modern network infrastructures
CCNA Security Discution Week 2 - Secure Cisco Routers
Re: CCNA Security Discussion Week 3 - Implement AAA on Cisco Routers
CCNA Security Week 4 - Mitigate threats to Cisco routers and networks using ACL's
CCNA Security Discussion Week 5 - Implement secure network management and reporting
CCNA Security Week 6 - Mitigate common Layer 2 attacks

CCNA Security Discussion Week 7 - Implement the Cisco IOS firewall feature set using SDM

This Week's Topics:

Implement the Cisco IOS IPS feature set using SDM

• Define network based vs. host based intrusion detection and prevention

• Explain IPS technologies, attack responses, and monitoring options

• Enable and verify Cisco IOS IPS operations using SDM

IINS Blueprint:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4988

I know that we aren't hitting every bullet point in the curriculum.  I also know that some topics are way out of scope for CCNA Security.  These are excellent discussions nonetheless.  Additionally, I think I have learned a lot about how I could make this more effective in the future.  As soon as I get through my CCIE Studies, I am going to make it a point to find out exactly what is on the IINS Curriculum and build a atmosphere here on CLN that will get us through all of the topics thoroughly.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)