2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2015 5:55 PM by Justin RSS

EXTENSION MOBILITY- XML Error [4] Parse Error ??

Justin

Hi People.

First off I would like to wish everyone a peaceful and prosperous new year!

I am running CUCM 9.1 and have followed the steps from TOCG- CCNA Voice, for configuring 'Extension Mobility'. I have tries the steps several times with my 2X 7961's and a CIPC, but when I press the services button to try and log on I get 'XML Error [4] Parse Error' as you can see in the attached picture.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you soon. Cheers.

Regards

Justin

• 1. Re: EXTENSION MOBILITY- XML Error [4] Parse Error ??
          Andrew - CCNP Collaboration + CCNA Wireless

Hi,

What did you name the EM profile for your phone?

How long is it and did you use any weird characters in the name?

Thanks!

Andrew

• 2. Re: EXTENSION MOBILITY- XML Error [4] Parse Error ??
            Justin

Hi Andrew.

Thanks for getting back to me.

After spending hours on google, I found some advice saying that de-activating and re-activating some of the services (AXL, etc..) may help. Just as I was about to do it, I had a peep over at the phone and EM was requesting the user ID and PIN. So it worked.

I named my profile 7961_EM and the other profiles were similarily named with the only special character being the underscore '_'. Do you think that this may have been a problem?

I also read that if I moved the CUCM server to another network (giving it a new IP) can cause issues as there might be some residual reference to the old IP. Cisco documentation says to remedy this, click the 'update subscriptions' button on the service configuration page, CCMadmin -> System -> Service Parameters. When I did click it, a window popped up saying that 'updating subscriptions may take hours'.

What do you reckon?

Thanks Andrew.

Justin