This Question is Answered
4455 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2014 3:30 PM by Harvey RSS

Currently Being Moderated

CCNP R&S Official study material?

Aug 5, 2013 7:14 AM

Harvey 15 posts since
Aug 5, 2013

Hi, Guys

I have literally just completed the CCNA Exploration course via the Cisco NetAcad program and am preparing for my exam in the next few weeks. I am now looking forward to studying for the CCNP. I am based in the UK and the costs for CCNP courses are out of my price range, so I'm opting for the self-study route. My question relates to what 'official' material to study?

On the CCNA NetAcad program, I was following four official companion guide books by Rick Graziani. These were the same word for word on the NetAcad site. Are there similar books to follow for the CCNP? I would like something that I can follow in depth rather than just get me 'exam ready'. A lot of the material I have seen online seems to be geared towards 'exam prep' rather than taking you from the beginning.

From my limited research; I am going to do the CCNP Route exam first, I have free access to switches/routers from the networking team in my company and am also aware that I will need gns3 and at least 12hrs per week study time. It's the study material that I am not sure about.

Has anyone done or is doing the CCNP via NetAcad that can tell me the books that are recommended by Cisco to study?

Thanks a lot!!

Harvey

• Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 5, 2013 8:04 AM (in response to Harvey)
    Re: CCNP R&S Official study material?

I do believe that they use the Cisco press books, that is the books that are give to students of the OU in the UK that are taking the NetAcad course for the CCNP with them. There is some online material , but they also have the books to go along with the material .

But if you are looking for ways to study there is a few ways that you can do it for little or no money . If you would like more information on what I have done , just ask.

• arteq 1,734 posts since
    Sep 11, 2011
    2. Aug 5, 2013 8:25 AM (in response to Harvey)

ocg's, flg's and net acad lab manuals... i also suggest paul browning's switch simplified... cheap on kindle...

• SANTOSH 7 posts since
    Feb 15, 2013
    5. Aug 5, 2013 8:44 AM (in response to Harvey)

Harvey,

go for the "Implementing Cisco IP routing" Foundation learning guide by Diane Teare...its a good one and also price is less...you will be getting good knowledge..

• Ahmed 8 posts since
    Apr 1, 2014
    7. Apr 23, 2014 2:55 PM (in response to Harvey)

Congrats on passing CCNA.  Is the book very good for someone who has just passed ccna?

I am preparing to take Ccna soon and looking forward to advance.

Do you recommend this book?

Thank you. 

Ahmed

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)