Jun 12, 2013 8:45 AM

Pradhyumn 38 posts since
Jan 17, 2013

Hi

I am new to this field...cn anyone guide me how to start up for CCNA voice

• arteq 1,734 posts since
    Sep 11, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 12, 2013 1:57 AM (in response to Pradhyumn)
    Re: Voice

begin at the beginning; ccna voice ocg...

• Matt Saunders - Community Manager 2,241 posts since
    Jun 18, 2012
    2. Jun 12, 2013 8:45 AM (in response to Pradhyumn)
    Re: Voice

Hello Pradhyumn and welcome to the study group! Just by joining this group you're already in the right ballpark.

Here a re a few useful links to help you get started:

1. First you'll want to review the CCNA Voice Syllabus and the CCNA Voice Exam Topics list.
    2. Second, be sure to review the wealth of CCNA Voice study material we have compiled.
    3. Last, here a few great links to help you on CCNA Voice lab setup.
      1. Discussion thread with videos for CCNA Voice lab setup.
      2. Webinar recording on CCNA Voice lab setup best practices.

I hope these links get you going in the right direction and we'll look forward to your participation in the community, it's a great way to really solidify your knowledge.

Matt

• Martin 13,077 posts since
    Jan 16, 2009
    3. Jun 12, 2013 12:34 PM (in response to Pradhyumn)
    Re: CCNA Voice Getting Started

you will need voice router and some software see https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/36652?start=0&tstart=0

• Currently Being Moderated
    4. Jun 12, 2013 12:42 PM (in response to Pradhyumn)

Hi...

As a quick question, what is your current network experience as of today?

Thanks.

Jay

5. Jul 4, 2013 7:18 AM (in response to Pradhyumn)

Same here. I'm actually looking for the recorded seminar of Meet the authors Robert Cannistra and Michale Schueing, CCNA Voice Portable Command Guide, as they share best practices for Voice Labs Setups. I've searched this blasted web site with nothing but the registration page.

Anyone know if a recording of this exists on the Cisco site?

Meet authors Robert Cannistra and Michael Scheuing, CCNA Voice Portable Command Guide, as they share best practices for Voice Lab Setups

• Alamedian 179 posts since
    Oct 27, 2008
    6. Jul 4, 2013 9:19 AM (in response to Pradhyumn)

Where to start really depends on what you know so far. What is your experience? You have passed the CCENT... yes?

I flailed around for a while until I came up with some kind of a plan.

-If i had to do it again I would start with INE videos. MAybe not all in one big bite alternate video and then hands on

-Much of the lab work can be done with GNS and Call Manager installed in a VM. The versions won't match when using GNS. But at least its an easy way to play around with CME.

-I'm going to work throguh the labs in Cert Guide as much as I can using GNS. Then rent some rack time for those parts that I can't use GNS for.

For me, this is working very well. I'm not a stranger to VoIP or networking. I have plenty of hands on experience in my past. If you have zero experience, maybe it would make sense to purchase a router or two.

For step one... get a couple of routers running in GNS and place some calls to softphone (IP Blue). Yu can get step by step instruction on the router config in the lab book. (On my PC, I had to disable the firewall to get things to work)

• Matt Saunders - Community Manager 2,241 posts since
    Jun 18, 2012
    7. Jul 6, 2013 8:23 PM (in response to trowbril1)

Hello Lor - Here is a link to the recording of the webinar you mentioned: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-19971

This is also available as a clickable banner on the home page of this Study Group, as well as listed as item 3.2 in my initial reply to this thread. I noticed in another thread you mentioned trouble getting the recording to playback properly. I have left you a question regarding that on the other thread as well.

Thank you very much.

Matt

8. Aug 4, 2013 2:52 PM (in response to Pradhyumn)

It depends on ur networking background ... I will answer us about myself

I had only CCNA knowledge, zero knowledge about voice and zero experiance

I used:

The official study guide, at some parts it was hard since everything was new to me

At the same time I watched Jeremy Cioara videos, they were more than amazing

Finally I used Packet Tracer for CME labs

That was enough for me to pass it, but honelty it took some time from me.

Wish u all the luck, and hope to see a post from ur side soon telling us u passed it

Regards,

Noor

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)