Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Connections > Discussions

_Communities

10161 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2009 4:18 PM by amine00 RSS 1 2 Previous Next

Currently Being Moderated

*CLN Upgrade: Report Bugs Here *Link to FIXES

Apr 29, 2009 4:59 PM

Venita: Official Cisco Team 105 posts since
Feb 19, 2008

Please note: the document at this link: Known Bug List serves as the official known bug list (with fixes in progress) for the first 48 hours of the Cisco Learning Network community platform upgrade. (4/17 - 4/19)

Please feel free to report any suspected bugs here in this thread.

Hello Cisco Learning Network Community Members:

A huge thank you to the entire community for reporting issues and sticking with us as we continue to fine tune features and adjust our new overall look and feel.

We appreciate your patience and support during this adjustment period and apologize for any inconveniences with usability.

We look forward to resolving items over the next few days and reporting fixes as they develop.

Please stay tuned for more updates from the Cisco Learning Network team. (Keep your eyes on our blogs, this forum, and our exciting news & events section!)

Warm Thanks,

Venita

Community Manager and the Entire Cisco Learning Network Team

Message was edited by: Community Manager: Venita

• Mathew Newton 82 posts since
    Mar 7, 2009

Hi Venita,

I've found an issue that doesn't appear to be on the known bug list - some posts (or one at least!) appears to have no content showing. Check out my post in the following thread:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/17105#17105

Whilst it may appear as a blank post it wasn't, as the following search result shows:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/search.jspa?resultTypes=BLOG_POST&resultTypes=DOCUMENT&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=BLOG&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&resultTypes=TASK&resultTypes=PROJECT&resultTypes=SOCIAL_GROUP&resultTypes=COMMENT&peopleEnabled=true&q=ip+default-network+mathew

Apologies if this is known issue but I thought it better to mention it just in case.

Regards,

Mathew

• Randy 27 posts since
    Apr 15, 2009

Here I thought I wasn't worthy of viewing your reply, Matthew. 

Mar 7, 2009
    4. Apr 22, 2009 2:53 PM (in response to Randy)
    Re: *CLN Upgrade: Report 4/22/09 Bugs Here *Link to FIXES

And I thought my reply wasn't worthy of viewing!

Mathew

Mar 7, 2009

Sorry to report another bug in this thread but I couldn't find today's (04/29) bug reporting thread.

Anyway, it relates to inserting tables - if I try to do so I get an error, pasted below in case it is any help.

Regards,

Mathew

P.S. The reason I was trying to insert a table was to see if it would enable me to paste in some content without the forum automatically line-wrapping it. The content was the output of some router commands and hence the line-wrapping made it all but unreadable. Is there any way to achieve this (as allowed by every forum software I dare say?! )

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
         org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:416)
         com.jivesoftware.community.web.struts.JiveFilterDispatcher.doFilter(JiveFilterDispatcher.java:101)
         org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:236)
         org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
         com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:119)
         com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:55)
         org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:236)
         org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
         org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:99)
         com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.JiveMaxAgeFilter.doFilter(JiveMaxAgeFilter.java:54)
         com.jivesoftware.util.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java:66)
         org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
         org.directwebremoting.servlet.DwrWebContextFilter.doFilter(DwrWebContextFilter.java:91)
         com.jivesoftware.base.plugin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:75)
         org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
         com.jivesoftware.solutionset.CiscoAuthenticationTranslationFilter.doFilter(CiscoAuthenticationTranslationFilter.java:203)
         org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
         org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:124)
         org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
         com.jivesoftware.community.aaa.FeedsBasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(FeedsBasicProcessingFilter.java:146)
         org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
         org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
         com.jivesoftware.community.aaa.SessionTrackingFilter.doFilter(SessionTrackingFilter.java:53)
         org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
         org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
         com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.ApplicationStateFilter.doFilter(ApplicationStateFilter.java:145)

root cause

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
         java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
         java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
         java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133)
         java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:97)
         org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.openJARs(WebappClassLoader.java:1756)
         org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findResourceInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1996)
         org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findResource(WebappClassLoader.java:961)
         org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(WebappClassLoader.java:1182)
         java.lang.Class.getResourceAsStream(Class.java:2030)
         com.jivesoftware.util.ClassUtilsStatic.loadResource(ClassUtilsStatic.java:208)
         com.jivesoftware.util.ClassUtilsStatic.getResourceAsStream(ClassUtilsStatic.java:78)
         com.jivesoftware.community.web.servlet.ResourceLoaderServlet.getFileBytesStream(ResourceLoaderServlet.java:477)
         com.jivesoftware.community.web.servlet.ResourceLoaderServlet.doGet(ResourceLoaderServlet.java:167)
         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
         org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:416)
         com.jivesoftware.community.web.struts.JiveFilterDispatcher.doFilter(JiveFilterDispatcher.java:101)
         com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:119)
         com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:55)
         org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:99)
         com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.JiveMaxAgeFilter.doFilter(JiveMaxAgeFilter.java:54)
         com.jivesoftware.util.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java:66)
         org.directwebremoting.servlet.DwrWebContextFilter.doFilter(DwrWebContextFilter.java:91)
         com.jivesoftware.base.plugin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:75)
         org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
         com.jivesoftware.solutionset.CiscoAuthenticationTranslationFilter.doFilter(CiscoAuthenticationTranslationFilter.java:203)
         org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:124)
         com.jivesoftware.community.aaa.FeedsBasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(FeedsBasicProcessingFilter.java:146)
         org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
         org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
         com.jivesoftware.community.aaa.SessionTrackingFilter.doFilter(SessionTrackingFilter.java:53)
         org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
         org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
         com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.ApplicationStateFilter.doFilter(ApplicationStateFilter.java:145)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.18 logs.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.18

• amine00 133 posts since
    Dec 17, 2008

Hi first, here is one other example of post missing content: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/5054

I also encounter an issue that I think was already there with the previous version of CLN:  when I login to my account from a page, I'm not redirected to that page but to the last page I loaded in my browser

• Rickey 1,062 posts since
    Jul 3, 2008

I think the links to the virtual tour of campuses for UCS deployment are broken.

Mar 7, 2009
    12. May 1, 2009 12:20 PM (in response to amine00)
    Re: *CLN Upgrade: Report Bugs Here *Link to FIXES

amine.kadimi wrote:

I also encounter an issue that I think was already there with the previous version of CLN:  when I login to my account from a page, I'm not redirected to that page but to the last page I loaded in my browser

I'm seeing this too.

Let's say I'm on Page A and open up a few links (say B, C and D) in other tabs/windows. Whilst still on Page A if I hit Login (because I want to reply) and enter my credentials I am then taken to page D and not page A as one would expect (i.e. if I'm going to be taken somewhere after logging in make it the page I was on not whatever the last page my browser happened to asked for).

Mathew

Dec 17, 2008

Yes, as Mathew described, that is exactly the problem I encounter when logging in.

And btw, I just noticed another unsuitable thing: after Mathew has quoted my message, my username (amine.kadimi) is being displayed rather than my display name (amine00). I think it's better to display the "display name".

mathewnewton wrote:

amine.kadimi wrote:

I'm seeing this too.

Let's say I'm on Page A and open up a few links (say B, C and D) in other tabs/windows. Whilst still on Page A if I hit Login (because I want to reply) and enter my credentials I am then taken to page D and not page A as one would expect (i.e. if I'm going to be taken somewhere after logging in make it the page I was on not whatever the last page my browser happened to asked for).

Mathew

Dec 17, 2008

I don't know if any other firefox users like me are encountering this problem, but my browser often crashes when I try to answer or create a new discussion. It's likely related to the wysiwyg.

Firefox version:  Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)