9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2013 10:26 AM by Rigo - Community Moderator RSS

Cisco Netspace

takaya

Hey people,

I am an alumni of the Cisco Networking Academy. As such I am able to login to Cisco Netacad and access the course material for the previous courses I have enrolled in / completed.

I am not currently enrolled in any courses at present.

This morning I received a message when logging in to the Cisco Netacad site:

Move to NetSpace Countdown: 113 Days Left

After 30 June 2013, this site will no longer be available. Before 30 June 2013, please ensure:

• Your instructor has set the appropriate class status for all current classes.
      • You have completed all courses and necessary assessments.
      • You have downloaded certificates of completion and letters of merit, and requested your certification exam vouchers.

I have completed all courses and necessary assessments.

All of my certificates of completion and letters of merit have been downloaded and I have no exam vouchers to request.

My question is:

If I migrate from the Cisco Netacad site to the Cisco Netspace site, will the course material for my previous courses still be available?

If it will no longer be accessible, is there any way that the course material can be downloaded as a Microsoft Office Word document, offline web site, or PDF?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Regards,

Takaya

• 1. Re: Cisco Netspace
          Randika

I have face also to this question . Still we haven't permission access our old classes with netspace. Only we can access class enrolled with netspace.
          I think it ill be good if we can access our old materials with netspace.

• 2. Re: Cisco Netspace
            bav

I'm just at the end of module 2 so going into module 3. My instructor said we will probably be doing the rest of the course on NetSpace... interestingly he also said there may be some changes to the sylabuss too. I can't see any new material on Amazon though ie books.

• 3. Re: Cisco Netspace
              Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Takaya,

For your particular inquiry, you may consider contacting the Cisco Networking Academy Support team for assistance at academysupport@netacad.net (www.cisco.com/go/netacad)

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• 4. Re: Cisco Netspace
                takaya

Thank you Rigo, I have sent an email to the mailbox you suggested.

I will update this discussion with the response I receive so that any other users who are concerned with this issue also know the answer.

• 5. Re: Cisco Netspace
                  takaya

I agree Randika. If we are required to recertify then we should have access to the course materials that we paid for.

I will let you know what the Cisco Netacad Support team advise.

• 6. Re: Cisco Netspace
                    Victor

Hi Takaya,

Ddi you received any response on your request from the Cisco Networking Academy Support team ?

Thank you,

Victor

• 7. Re: Cisco Netspace
                      takaya

I have been advised that:

It is undetermined at this time if curriculum from previous courses will be given to alumni through Cisco NetSpace. This information has not been released to the public.

Curriculum can only be downloaded by administration to be added to computers for offline use. Only the academy at which you took classes you provide you to access to the curriculum by download.

Students do not have the ability to download curriculum by themselves from our site.

At this time, students do not have the ability to migrate their own accounts to Cisco NetSpace to use the site.

Course Material is only provided to those enrolled in courses on Cisco NetSpace.

Students must be invited by instructors to join Cisco NetSpace. Also, for those students who do get invited to Cisco NetSpace, there is no automatic alumni access to past curriculum in Cisco NetSpace at this time.

If an instructor invites you to join a new course in NetSpace, you will be able to view the curriculum.

So it appears that, even though I have previously paid to be enrolled in the course and have completed the course, I am ineligible to access the material I will require to sit the certification exam when my qualification nears expiry.

Very disappointed at the moment.

• 8. Re: Cisco Netspace
                        Kev

Is there any update on this situation?

I was told when I completed my CCNA exploration in 2012 I would always have access to the course for reference.

Now I am thinking of taking the cert it would be very handy.

doesnt seem very fair considering I have already paid for the course.

• 9. Re: Cisco Netspace
                          Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Kev,

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Cisco Networking Academy Support team at academysupport@netacad.net

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator