Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > Security (CCNA Security) > Discussions

_Communities

471 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 12:52 AM by Daniel RSS

Currently Being Moderated

Problem with PIX 501

May 7, 2012 11:48 AM

Gerald 127 posts since
Oct 9, 2011

I just recieved my PIS 501 that I bought off ebay and I can't log in to it.  I've tried the default 192.168.1.1/startup.html but nothing is happening.  The power, IP 0, and Link/Act lights are green.  I can't access the internet through the firewall. There is a sitcker that has a local and public address on it, I hae tried both but still can't connect.  Is there a way to reset the firewall to it's defaults.  I don't have a console cable (still waiting from ebay).  Please help

• Daniel 197 posts since
    Jul 21, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    3. May 10, 2012 12:52 AM (in response to Gerald)
    Re: Problem with PIX 501

Hi Gerald,

glad to hear that you solved it. Yeah the documentation about these is glitchy imo, been doing the same reasearch a few times myself . First time you reset these passwords it makes you wonder and think heh....it really doesn't give you enough feedback, does it!

Btw, unless you change the OS on the pix you'll be learning old commands that is almost legacy? now. They remind me more about the older Firewall configs rather than the new IOS configs....and translating new commands to old ones is a pain . (im too young to have learned what was before IOS)

-Daniel

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)