Skip navigation
Login   |   Register
Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > CCIE Routing & Switching > Discussions

_Communities

440 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 2:35 AM by Ibraheem RSS

Currently Being Moderated

Whats the weight of these topics in CCIE Written/Lab exam?

May 3, 2012 3:24 PM

Ibraheem 14 posts since
Aug 22, 2010

I am going through CCIE certification guide 4th edition, I wanna know from those who have experience with CCIE exam, how deep should I go with these topics?

IP SLA, WCCP, NetFlow, EEM, RMON AND OER

• Sergey Fer 56 posts since
    Oct 21, 2008

It may be NDA violation for anybody to answer your question Definitely you need to know what these technologies are and how to configure them.

Join this discussion now: Login / Register
  • Sergey Fer 56 posts since
    Oct 21, 2008

There are core topics you would know. They are IGPs, BGP, VLANs etc. Without knowing them you will fail core task and therefore loose many points because you will not complete not only core tasks but all others too. For example, IP multicast tasks are based on IP unicast routing and you need IGP to be set correctly for it. So by failing 1-2 core tasks you obviously fail the entire exam.

All other topics are secondary. They are not so much critical. Theoretically you may fail many of them and pass the entire exam. All topics you mentioned are secondary as I can see. By failing NetFlow you probably loose only 2-3 points.

But Secondary doesn't mean Simple. OER/PfR, EEM, SLA etc. are rather complex and really huge.

Join this discussion now: Login / Register

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)