Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Learning Center > Discussions

_Communities

1851 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 11:49 AM by Rigo - Community Moderator RSS

Currently Being Moderated

ccna exam doubts

Apr 22, 2012 12:17 AM

RAHUL BISWAL 40 posts since
Oct 19, 2011

i want clear my doubts about ccna exam which r following:

1.what is the passing score in ccna 640-802 exam?

2.how many question will come in 640-802?

3.if one fails the exam he/she can take exam on previous fee or he/she have to pay again for exam?plz clear my doubt specially on this.

4.Any other which a CCNA candiadte must know.

THanks in advance.

• Paul Stewart  -  CCIE Security, CCSI 6,972 posts since
    Jul 18, 2008
    1. Apr 22, 2012 5:25 AM (in response to RAHUL BISWAL)
    Re: ccna exam doubts

I think questions 1 may vary to a degree. I think disclosing the exact number as well as how many questions is an NDA violation. I think it is sufficient to say that there is enough time and you will reach a passing score if you know the materials very well. If you fail, you must pay again for the second attempt. I would look at the CCNA Blueprint (available at https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4975) is all you you need to know. Also worth mentioning, always consider the advantages and disadvantages of taking the two exam path.

• Jared 5,501 posts since
    Jul 27, 2008
    2. Apr 22, 2012 7:44 AM (in response to RAHUL BISWAL)

When you go in for the exam, you first agree to the NDA, then it tells you the required score to pass, the time you have and how many questions to expect.

This link will answer some questions, but the passing score is not available until you take your test.  https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna/ccna_exam?tab=1

• Currently Being Moderated
    3. Apr 22, 2012 8:06 AM (in response to RAHUL BISWAL)

Regarding number 4) - Try to not over think it or read into it - the wording is the key, ask what are they saying what do they want and answer that. I over think stuff and used to choke (may still from time to time...) stay calm and it will be over befor eyou know it.

• Jared 5,501 posts since
    Jul 27, 2008
    4. Apr 22, 2012 8:23 AM (in response to JC.Bogard)

Excellent point, wording is key and misunderstanding what a question is asking will surely introduce you to a failed exam.  People feel rushed because of the time limit of the exams and get click happy.  I know it can be difficult, but taking the time to not only carefully read the question, but all of the answers is vital. 

• Rigo - Community Moderator 4,660 posts since
    Feb 9, 2009
    5. Apr 23, 2012 11:49 AM (in response to RAHUL BISWAL)

Hi Rahul,

Please note that Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice. As some users have mentioned above, the exam passing score and the exact number of questions will be displayed on the screen at the beginning your exam. You can visit the CCNA exam page for general information.

If you would like to retake a failed exam, you will be required to pay for the exam once again.

For additional information pertaining to certification exams, visit the About Certification Exams page.

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)