Apr 15, 2012 10:56 PM
Are you looking for a chance to prove yourself in an entry-level technical position? We are interested in you!
Cisco is changing the way we work, live, play and learn. If your desire to work with leading-edge technology is matched by your drive to succeed in a highly collaborative, fast paced and global environment this is the right challenge for you.
Cisco Advanced Services is a fast paced, high impact environment where you will directly contribute to the success of Cisco's customers in deploying and utilizing the latest networking technologies that influence the human network. The Cisco Advanced Services team (AS) is a global organization charged with providing world class services to our customer base. AS does the Plan-Design-Implement (PDI) and Optimize phases of new technologies, providing complex design, performance and optimization services to the largest networks in the world. Additionally, the AS team is in the vanguard of Advanced Technology implementation of Cisco leading edge technologies worldwide with some of the best technical experts in the industry.
The AS Global Delivery Centers provide high quality, timely, low cost service in support of the greater AS team. Our AS GDC team’s primary focus is on optimizing remotely repeatable tasks, staffing tactical needs throughout the region, and developing top talent for promotion into other teams within the AS organization. The Associate Network Consulting Engineer (NCE) role is an ideal job for people who can combine technical expertise, professional excellence and consulting skills.
aNCE’s in their first year of employment are responsible for:
• Developing solid knowledge of baseline Advanced Services (AS) skills
• Developing knowledge as a Network Infrastructure (NI) specialist in core IP routing and switching and advanced technologies.
• Attending and participating in technical and professional trainings (in-person, virtually, and through self-study)
• Complete all projects and assignments on time to meet customer and team requirements
• Passing CCNA certification examination within first 6 weeks of employment
• Passing the CCNP certification examinations within the first 4 months of employment
• Passing CCIE written certification exams within the first 6 months of employment
• Additional certifications testing –CCIE lab, CCDA & CCDP will be encouraged within the first 12 months
• Achieving customer billable utilization metrics, including accepting assignments requiring travel throughout the Americas
• Completing assignments with a high degree of client and customer satisfaction
Long-term responsibilities NCE responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Support delivery of service program to major accounts
• Review network requirements and produce high and low level network designs
• Review customer Implementation and Change Management Plans
• Plan and execute complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies
• Act as a technical focal point for large account network problem resolution
• Generate reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables
• Leverage and contribute to Virtual Teams
• Question ways of working and suggest improvement
Competencies of Successful NCEs Include:
• Strong computer/network skills
• Strong ability to understand technical issues and apply technical concepts
• Passion for learning and demonstrated ability for independent study
• Ability to leverage technical expertise from multiple sources
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
• Strong listening skills
• Ability to participate as a team member
• Ability to produce quality work under pressure with immediate deadlines
• Ability to take and utilize constructive feedback
Education and Eligibility Requirements:
• One of the following: BS/BA from a 4 year technical program, AA from a 2 year technical program, high school diploma plus 2 years technical experience, CCNA/CCNP certification, OR equivalent military training/experience
• Ability to live and work in the United States with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco
ALL PLANNED POSITIONS ARE IN RTP, NORTH CAROLINA, USA
If you are interested, please send your resume to Chris Berriman (email@example.com). The subject line of your e-mail must include: "Entry Level Opportunity"