I am going through a nightmare scenario at the moment with Pearson VUE in trying to sit a Cisco CCNA exam.
I suffer from Dyslexia and asked Pearson VUE for special accommodations. I have sat an exam with them in the past so they know of my need and have previously grated this accommodation, but after many weeks of emails and phone calls I had heard nothing. I had an exam voucher that was due to expire but I could not book an exam until the accommodations were sorted out. Eventually, and only after a further phone call to the UK office, did Pearson VUE US finally get back to me on the morning of the last day I could sit the exam! Of course, at that time I could not simply rush to a test centre and sit the exam. I was told that this would be OK and that they would arrange for a sitting at a later date - after my voucher had technically expired. However, the following day they phoned me to say that because they had got back to me within "20 days", they would not honour the exam voucher extension.
I would like to point out that nowhere on the Pearson VUE website does it state that a candidate has to allow 20 days for an accommodation decision to be made. In fact the only information on their website states the following.
Will Pearson VUE be able to accomodate a time extension for those with special needs?
Yes, Pearson VUE and your test programme may allow time extensions and other accommodations to those who are identified as having special needs.
If you need additional time to complete your test, we ask that you please speak with a Pearson VUE agent at the time of registration. At that point, a decision will be made about whether your appointment time can be extended for your specific situation, based on the test programme’s policies.
In fact, the very line I highlight above that starts "At that point" reads as though a decision would be near enough instant. There argument now resided on the fact that I had left to toward the end of my voucher expirey to sort this out, yet I feel that 3 weeks was plenty enough time for a decision to be made, especially given the fact that they had already made a decision to award me special accommodation from a previous exam. All I requested was at least 24 hours notice so that I might be able to organise my day and get a good nights sleep prior to taking the exam. Half of the battle has been to deal with a decision making team in the US where I am dealing with a UK representative, but amazingly over the past few days they have been very quick to reply and dismiss my request.
I am disgusted by there attitude and decision. At best I find their response unfair and a simple case of profiteering, at worst I find it discriminatory, using my need to delay a decision and then effectively try an charge me for the privilage of that.
My issue now is that Pearson VUE is essentially an unregulated body and there appears to be no one to complain to other than Pearson VUE.
Someone out there, please help me out.