_Communities

434 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2012 11:48 AM by Elvin Arias RSS

Currently Being Moderated

IOS Versions and Routers for CCNP Secure

Mar 31, 2012 4:56 PM

Agnet 2 posts since
Mar 31, 2012

Hello all

Could anyone confirm which models of routers and ios would i need for a lab environment to complete this aspect of the CCNP Security Track

I still have my 2611XM's with the Security IOS. Would these be sufficents for any aspect of the course?

I also have a single 2801 but this only has a standard image on it at present. Whcih image would i need to move this over to?

Also is there any aspect i can complete on GNS3, and if so whcih router platform and ios versions would be recomened?

Thanks again

Agnet

• Jared 5,498 posts since
    Jul 27, 2008
    1. Apr 1, 2012 11:43 AM (in response to Agnet)
    Re: IOS Versions and Routers for CCNP Secure

The last time I looked into it, I needed the advanced ip sevices featureset which lncluded firewall and vpn functions.  Now that was a few years ago and so things may have changed since then.  Your best bet is to look at the IOS feature tracker to find out exaclty what you will be needing.

Good Luck and have fun.

• Elvin Arias 1,834 posts since
    Mar 12, 2010
    2. Apr 1, 2012 11:48 AM (in response to Agnet)
    Re: IOS Versions and Routers for CCNP Secure

Im currently studying for this exam, and im using GNS3 until now. Im using the 2691 router with the "Advanced Security" image which supports a lot of security features. And im using (not so often) the 7200 series which have the IOS 15 loaded.

Elvin

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)