Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > Service Provider (CCNA SP) > Discussions

_Communities

2142 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2012 10:59 AM by Rigo - Community Moderator RSS

Currently Being Moderated

CCNA-Service Provider

Mar 14, 2012 3:14 PM

Nick 28 posts since
Jun 10, 2011

Is this no longer the CCNP- Service Provider Exam path? or is this the new one? I can't find any info on any of the exam numbers below. I've been asked to get my CCNP-SP ( I was originally studying for my Route Switch CCNP exams, but I've been specifically asked to get these. ) - However I can't seem to find any info on these on learningnetwork.cisco.com =(

CCNP-SP

---------

1.       Deploying Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE) : 642-883

2.       Deploying Service Provider Advanced Network Routing (SPADVROUTE) :

642-885

3.       Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Core Network

Services (SPCORE): 642-887

4.       Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Edge Network

Services (SPEDGE) : 642-889

any word?

• rmhango 553 posts since
    Aug 12, 2008
    1. Mar 15, 2012 6:54 AM (in response to Nick)
    Re: CCNA-Service Provider

Looks like the cat has been let out of the bag, though imagine you'll need to get your CCNA-SP before going for your CCNP-SP, at the moment it looks like all courses will be 5-day ILT and a very expensive pursuit, but certainly looks more relevent today than the CCIP.

• Currently Being Moderated
    2. Mar 15, 2012 7:54 AM (in response to Nick)

What I'm curious about is that this is the first Associate level Certification that does not require a CCNA or CCENT.

Another thing that I'm curious about is how this ties into the CCIP and CCNP SP OPs. There is already a CCNA SP OPs, so does this mean that the CCIP is going to continue to be here for the long haul.

Aug 12, 2008
    3. Mar 15, 2012 8:38 AM (in response to DelVonte)

DelVonte wrote:

Another thing that I'm curious about is how this ties into the CCIP and CCNP SP OPs.

It doesn't tie into either, the courses that have been listed are the four new courses that will make up the new CCNP SP, which will eventually replace the CCIP.

Aug 12, 2008
    5. Mar 15, 2012 1:37 PM (in response to Nick)

Did read somewhere there was going to be a formal annoucement/introduction either 20th or 21st.

CCNP-SP Pt1, looks pretty straight-forward, I'd make use of the resources on here and cisco.com, as well as purchase a copy of Cisco IOS XR Fundamentals

• jneiberger 465 posts since
    Jun 10, 2010
    6. Mar 31, 2012 10:06 PM (in response to rmhango)

Where are you finding your information on the CCNP-SP? I haven't heard of it prior to reading this thread. I was thinking of renewing my CCNA and CCNP, and I was toying around with doing CCIP. But now that I see the CCNA-SP is available, it ties in perfectly with my job. I'd definitely be interested in more info on the CCNP-SP, especially if it's a good run-up to the CCIE-SP.

Aug 12, 2008
    7. Apr 1, 2012 12:10 AM (in response to jneiberger)

Definately on the cards, as for any forthcoming annoucement anybody's guess?

In the interim I know of one or two who are opting to take the updated CCIE-SP v3.0 for which you can still take a written beta, as a way of renewing their existing certs while they wait.

• Rigo - Community Moderator 4,658 posts since
    Feb 9, 2009
    8. Apr 2, 2012 10:59 AM (in response to Nick)

Hi all,

There is currently no information regarding CCNP Service Provider certification or exams. However, a formal announcement will be published on the Cisco Learning Network to inform the community if there is any news regarding new certifications.

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)