Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > Discussions

_Communities

656 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2012 2:52 PM by Rigo - Community Moderator RSS

Currently Being Moderated

Tricky question about CCNP and CCIP

Mar 14, 2012 3:59 PM

Amit 2 posts since
Feb 29, 2012

I had passed CCNP long time back and then it was recerified while giving each paper of CCIP.

Now my CCNP certification is valid till 28-02-2015.

I had passed 3 papers of CCIP (MPLS, QOS and BGP) and only ROUTING paper is remaining.

My question is whether I need to give ROUTING paper again or can Cisco consider the old ROUTING paper given by me while doing CCNP and cerify me as CCIP.

Certification progress (as attached below) shows that my CCIP is still incomplete but still I want to double confirm on above.

Regards

Amit

Message was edited to remove CSCO ID by:

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• Rigo - Community Moderator 4,686 posts since
    Feb 9, 2009
    1. Mar 1, 2012 4:50 PM (in response to Amit)
    Re: Tricky question about CCNP and CCIP

Hi Amit,

If you are referring to the BSCI exam, then you can apply it towards the CCIP certification only if it is still valid (Professional level 642 exams are valid for 3 years from the date passed). However, if your BSCI exam has expired, you will need to take and pass the replacement exam, 642-902 ROUTE.

To determine if your BSCI exam is valid, you will need to reference the date when your exam was passed. You can check your Exam History in your Certification Tracking System profile (www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login) for that particular information.

If you need further assistance regarding the validity of your BSCI exam or CCIP status based on your current exam records, please feel free to open a case with the Certification & Communities Online Support team www.cisco.com/go/certsupport

Hope this helps and good luck!

Regards,

Rigo

• Martin 13,077 posts since
    Jan 16, 2009
    3. Mar 1, 2012 9:33 PM (in response to Amit)

BSCI (all CCNP exams) count towards CCDP, u can go with ARCH exam to get CCDP; but not CCIP; but CCDP is unique.

otherwise 3 year-valid per exam applies

• Rigo - Community Moderator 4,686 posts since
    Feb 9, 2009
    4. Mar 2, 2012 2:52 PM (in response to Amit)

Hi Amit,

Correct. Based on the information that you have provided, it appears that your BSCI exam expired on April 8, 2009 so you will need to take and pass the 642-902 ROUTE exam to achieve the CCIP certification.

Candidates have 3 years to complete all of the exam requirements for any Professional level certifcation. The 3 years starts as soon as a candidate passes the first qualifying exam required for that particular certification. So you must take and pass the ROUTE exam before your first qualifying CCIP exam expires.

Good luck!

Regards,

Rigo

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)