Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > Service Provider (CCIP) Retired > Discussions

_Communities

This Question is Answered 1 Helpful Answer available (2 pts)
579 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 9:48 AM by Marcelo Yamaguchi RSS

Currently Being Moderated

CCIP curricula

Feb 17, 2012 4:23 AM

Marcelo Yamaguchi 4 posts since
Jun 26, 2008

Hi Everyone,

I would like to clarify one doubt: The old BSCI exam is still valid to compose CCIP certification requirements?

For example, I have  BSCI (642-901) and QoS (642-642) exams completed and I'm CCNP certified professional (valid through 2014). If I complete sucessfully BGP and MPLS exams, can I get CCIP Certification?

Thanks,

Marcelo

• Sebastian 241 posts since
    Jul 15, 2011
    1. Feb 17, 2012 4:36 AM (in response to Marcelo Yamaguchi)
    Re: CCIP curricula

Hi Marcelo, Welcome to the CLN!

When did you pass your BSCI exam? Perhaps go and check the Certification Tracker, which will give you a good indication if your BSCI is still valid.

You can access the Certification Tracker here:

http://www.cisco.com/survey/exit.html?https://i7lp.integral7.com/durango/do/login?ownername=cisco&channel=cisco&basechannel=integral7

I stand to be corrected, but I believe your 3-year countdown would have started the day you passed the first exam towards the CCIP, so if you've passed the BSCI and QoS exams within the last 36 months, they should still be valid.

Cheers, and good luck

Sebastian

• Sebastian 241 posts since
    Jul 15, 2011
    3. Feb 17, 2012 4:46 AM (in response to Marcelo Yamaguchi)

Ah, that's too bad!

Good luck with your preparations. I myself am also busy getting everything in place for the CCIP as well.

Cheers

Sebastian

• Rigo - Community Moderator 4,660 posts since
    Feb 9, 2009
    4. Feb 17, 2012 9:31 AM (in response to Marcelo Yamaguchi)

Thanks for chiming in, Sebastian!

Hi Marcelo,

If your BSCI is no longer valid (3 years from the date it is passed) then you will no longer be able to apply it towards the CCIP certification.

You mentioned that your 642-642 QOS exam is still valid so you can apply it towards the CCIP certification. The 642-642 QOS exam is valid for 3 years from the date it is passed.

In order to become certified in CCIP, you must complete the remaining exam requirements below before your QOS exam expires:

Option 1:

-642-902 ROUTE

-642-661 BGP

-642-611 MLPS

OR

Option 2:

-642-902 ROUTE

-642-691 BGP+MPLS

If you are unable to complete the remaining exam requirements before your QOS exam expires, you will need to re-take and pass the 642-642 QOS exam as well.

For more information on the CCIP requirements, visit www.cisco.com/go/ccip

Best of luck on your CCIP pursuit!

Cheers,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)