Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > Wireless (CCNA Wireless) > Discussions

_Communities

This Question is Not Answered 1 Correct Answer available (4 pts) 2 Helpful Answers available (2 pts)
1261 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 6:59 PM by Pete Nugent RSS

Currently Being Moderated

CCNA Wireless HOW DO I START?

Feb 6, 2012 9:39 PM

I am new to CCNA wireless. I want to know how to start? Could you tell me if it is difficult than CCNA ? I want to know how to get good at it.I want to know. If it more theoritical based or there is some Hands on needed. Of course i see some configure.Is the configuration as intense as CCNA Routing Switching. Please kindly let me know.

Thanks

Bharat C P

• Efx 629 posts since
    Jun 26, 2010
    1. Feb 7, 2012 2:19 AM (in response to Bharat C P)
    Re: CCNA Wireless HOW DO I START?

Hello Bharat.

If you have a real wireless gear I highly recommend to use it, because just to read the theory without any hands on experience, isn't fun at all...

There is Lammle , cisco press official wireless books, cbtnuggets and INE CCNA wireless videos.

Exam is more theoretical based.

• Rigo - Community Moderator 4,660 posts since
    Feb 9, 2009
    2. Feb 7, 2012 11:34 AM (in response to Bharat C P)

Hi Bharat C P,

You may want to take a look at the exam topics for the IUWNE exam (640-721 OR 640-722) and utilize the study resources and practice/review questions found here in the Cisco Learning Network. You may also want to try the Self-Assessment that is available for Wireless.

Please note that the last day to test for the current version of the 640-721 IUWNE exam is May 11, 2012. However, the new version 640-722 is now available.

In addition, you can look into Cisco Press self-study materials or perhaps taking a training course with a Cisco Learning Partner if your time permits. To find a Cisco Learning Partner, please visit http://www.cisco.com/web/go/class_locator

Best of luck to you on your CCNA Wireless pursuit.

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• Jared 5,498 posts since
    Jul 27, 2008
    3. Feb 7, 2012 6:29 PM (in response to Bharat C P)

I would personally wait for just a little bit to see if new updated study materials are  released for the new CCNA Wireless exam that Rigo mentioned.

You could also join the CCNA Wireless study group here on CLN.  There's a great group of people that all have expertise and will be more than willing to help.

• Pete Nugent 1,256 posts since
    Dec 8, 2008
    4. Feb 7, 2012 6:59 PM (in response to Jared)

First things first you need to have a valid CCNA to become CCNA Wireless certifed. Thats not to say you cant study, take and pass the exam you just wont be certified so if that is your goal make sure your CCNA is upto date.

Second the exams are changing in May I think and all of the available material is based on older technology and the old tests.

Hands on experience or labbing is the key to success in my opinion along with learning the theory and reading the documentation.

Look at the learning objectives and get familiar with them.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)