1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 10, 2012 4:54 PM by Rigo - Community Moderator RSS

Another CCSP recertification question

tiwang

hi out there

I have another similary question as the previous one on this blog regarding CCSP re-certification - I have a CCSP which will expire in a ½ year so I have to think on re-recertifikation. It is not clear to me if I can re-certify my current CCSP or I have to pass some extra exams to update it to a CCNP Security

I currently hold these modules:

642-502 Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches - SNRS

642-511 Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks

642-522 Securing Networks with PIX and ASA - SNÅPA

642-524 Securing Networks with ASA Foundation SNAF

642-532 Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems IPS

642-552 Securin Cisco Network Devices SND

Can I still re-certify my CCSP ?

If I instead go for update to CCNP Security - which additional modules do I need to pass?

best regards

Thomas Iwang

• 1. Re: Another CCSP recertification question
          Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately, the CCSP certification has been retired and is no longer available for recertification.

You can apply the following qualifying exams(below) towards the CCNP Security certification:

642-502

642-522

642-524

642-532

642-552

(Note: To find more information and a complete list of qualifying CCSP to CCNP Security exams, please visit the following FAQ page)

Based on the information that you have provided, you will only need to pass the 642-647 VPN exam to become certified in CCNP Security. You can also check your CCNP Security Certification Progress in your Certification Tracking System profile (www.cisco.com/go/certsupport)

If you would like to confirm the CCNP Security exam requirements that are based on your most current records, you can open a case with the Certification & Communties Online Support team and they will be able to assist you. To open a case, please visit www.cisco.com/go/certsupport

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator