I was reading ASA Packet flow. i have doubt regarding one thing.
1. FLOW-LOOKUP -  - Check for existing connections, if none found create a new connection.
2. ROUTE-LOOKUP - [input] - Initial Checking (Reverse Path Check, etc.)
3. ACCESS-LIST - [log] - ACL Lookup
4. CONN-SETTINGS -  - class-map, policy-map, service-policy
WHAT IS 2 point. In route lookup . it is check reverse path check.. what is this Reverse path CHECK. Please tell
Checks if the ASA has a route entry on its table back to the network from where it received the packet.
on the reverse path check you have two option:
- Loose or Strict.
on the loose, if the ASA can get to origin of the packet, No mater the route, then the packet is considered safe.
on the strick, the ASA must get into the origin of the packet by the same route the packet came from.
1. Do we can configure . which reverse path should use by ASA. between Losse or Strict.
2 How we determine which current option is being used by asa. (Loose or Strict)
3 How we change it
Register for free now.