Currently Being Moderated

I just took the ROUTE test

Aug 18, 2011 3:35 PM

Gordon Lang 43 posts since
Jun 28, 2010

I took the ROUE exam.

I passed.

I used every second of time allowed.

I had to rush through the last 10 questions because I was short on time.

One of the last 10 questions was a sim, and I immediately skipped it so that I could finish the test.

Bottom line: it was much tougher than I expected considering that I really over-studied all of the individual topics from Wendell Odom's book other than ipv6.

After taking the test, I feel I should have spent more time studying the following:

1. What are the necessary and sufficient conditions for a routing loop (e.g. multiple mutual redistribution without distinct AD, etc).
  2. What are the best routing loop prevention solutions for the various routing loop scenarios.
  3. And of course, OSPFv3 and EIGRP for ipv6.

When I read the portions of the book covering these particular topics, I felt very confident that I understood them.  But under a test situation, I found these topics causing me anxiety and cost me a lot of precisous time.  I should have spent more time exercising these topics in the lab to solidify a confident familiarity.

-------------------------------

Asside from that, I have some complaints about the test.

It would have been much more fair of a question if the stated requirements included a clue that would steer me away from the obviously superior solution.  Such a clue would have saved at least 20 minutes of my time.

With all the time I wasted on the sims, I am really glad that I over-studied.  If I hadn't, I would probably have run out of time long before the end of the test, which would have sunk me.

Message was edited by: Raman - Community Moderator

• Martin 13,076 posts since
    Jan 16, 2009
    1. Aug 18, 2011 1:34 PM (in response to Gordon Lang)
    Re: I just took the ROUTE test

Congrats; pass is pass;

so you completely skipped one Sim and still pass exam ?

• Tim - CCNA 78 posts since
    Apr 16, 2011
    2. Aug 18, 2011 1:36 PM (in response to Gordon Lang)

Am I wrong or did you just disclouse way too many details of the actual ROUTE exam and specific questions on the cisco learning network?

• Elvin Arias 1,837 posts since
    Mar 12, 2010
    3. Aug 18, 2011 1:57 PM (in response to Tim - CCNA)

Yes, i think he did

Elvin.

• Currently Being Moderated
    4. Aug 18, 2011 3:08 PM (in response to Gordon Lang)

Gordon, I think you may want to edit your post and remove the portions related to actual specific exam content. 

With that said, congrats on passing!

Jan 16, 2009
    5. Aug 18, 2011 3:48 PM (in response to Gordon Lang)

cut and create a doc ; then attach to your post; so it is not so obvious 

Jan 16, 2009
    7. Aug 18, 2011 4:30 PM (in response to Gordon Lang)

it is not about only this forum.  if you share exam questions, according to NDA, they will take your Cert  away and ban you from taking Cisco cert forever;

• Sticky6 77 posts since
    Aug 14, 2010
    9. Aug 19, 2011 5:24 PM (in response to Gordon Lang)

Congrats Gordon,

I'm slowly starting to study for the ROUTE exam. (doing my Bachelors too so it's slow), and I decided to do one lab a day, or every other day when I'm not doing my Math.. I have some questions if you don't mind.

I have the CiscoPress books for the CCNP, CBT Nuggets Videos, Gns3 and Wireshark. What method and sources did you use when you studied? I like that you say overstudy, I like doing that too after all you can not know TOO MUCH. lol

If you have other resources can you tell me what they are? You can inbox me too if you want.

Congrats again man. My road is still long.

• Rigo - Community Moderator 4,660 posts since
    Feb 9, 2009
    10. Aug 22, 2011 4:42 PM (in response to Gordon Lang)

Hi Gordon,

Before posting in any community forum on this site, users should familiarize themselves with the Cisco Learning Network Posting Guidelines Quick Reference / Acceptable Use Agreement which contains information on posting restrictions and acceptable posting options https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-3173

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• Rigo - Community Moderator 4,660 posts since
    Feb 9, 2009
    12. Aug 23, 2011 4:17 PM (in response to Gordon Lang)

Hi Gordon,

It is acceptable for users to share their exam experience, opinions (positive or negative), study approaches, etc. on the Cisco Learning Network as long as they do not disclose specific exam details and it conforms with other CLN guidelines/policies.

Users should be mindful of posting specific information/details regarding exam questions as disclosing such details is in violation of the Candidate Conduct Policy as described in the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/downloads/Cisco-Career-Certifications-and-Confidentiality-Agreement_v15.pdf

Lastly, any violations or abuses of the CLN guidelines/policies can be reported for review by clicking on Rebort Abuse on any specific post.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)