Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > CCDE Design Expert > Discussions

_Communities

This Question is Not Answered 1 Correct Answer available (4 pts)
3231 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2011 8:49 PM by Scott Morris - CCDE/4xCCIE/2xJNCIE RSS

Currently Being Moderated

Number of CCDEs so far

Aug 7, 2011 12:37 AM

Sumesh 3 posts since
Jun 30, 2009

Any idea as how to many guys have been certified as CCDE?has anybody passed in the first attempt..please share your recipe for success

Rgds

Sumesh

• Conwyn 7,914 posts since
    Sep 10, 2008
    1. Aug 7, 2011 4:34 AM (in response to Sumesh)
    Re: Number of CCDEs so far

Hi Susmesh

There were 24  in May 2010. There are not many jobs being advertised and I have not met any. We suspected they would mainly be found in Cisco Partners providing consultancy.

Regards Conwyn

• Dietmar 1 posts since
    Oct 2, 2008
    2. Aug 7, 2011 6:48 AM (in response to Sumesh)

Hello Sumesh,

here is a list which should be quite up-to-date. There are 52 persons right now listed as CCDE certified.

http://cciehof.weebly.com/ccde.html

regards

Dietmar

• Currently Being Moderated
    3. Aug 7, 2011 7:57 AM (in response to Dietmar)

Hello-

That is not an official number. We do not publish numbers of certified induviduals. You should be aware that the CCDE is accepted by Cisco Partners as an expert level credential.

John Tiso, CCIE #5162

Product Manager

• Zsigmond P.Toth - CCNA, HP AIS 36 posts since
    Jul 28, 2010
    4. Aug 8, 2011 4:42 AM (in response to Dietmar)

Sure not official but not too far from reality, right?

I know, Cisco won't comment.

How about the advantages of CCDE on the market?

What is the typical response of employers when you proudly claim that you are the one and only CCDE in your country?

• Scott Morris - CCDE/4xCCIE/2xJNCIE 8,395 posts since
    Oct 7, 2008

heheheh...   Very true.  It's not official, but it has just about everyone that we've seen say anything about having passed! 

The CCDE can be used interchangeable with CCIE when it comes to many partner certifications (CCIE or CCDE  used), but there is nothing at this point that ONLY uses a CCDE.

Many employers don't know what the CCDE is, so your response will vary wildly!  It's all about education!  Teach them what it is, teach them how to market it and it will be worth more!

Scott

• Zsigmond P.Toth - CCNA, HP AIS 36 posts since
    Jul 28, 2010

4xCCIE and 2xJNCIE... That's something!

But how was your CCDE preparation?

• Scott Morris - CCDE/4xCCIE/2xJNCIE 8,395 posts since
    Oct 7, 2008

I make things up as I go along.  

The interesting thing about CCDE that (for me) there wasn't TECHNICALLY preparation.  When they point out that it's beneficial to have 8'ish years of experience, that does indeed come in handy.  So perhaps it was 8+ years of preparation!

The thing about the first CCDE exam (I took it as part of the initial beta back in 2008 and found out that Cisco didn't think I was as smart as I thought I was!) was that it was a complete unknown.  So I didn't do anything to prepare for it.  Literally.  It was recon.

But after that, it became a thinking game.  Network design is, as the exam lays out, very much a thinking game.  We have tons of POSSIBLE answers, and tons of RIGHT answers.  But based on individual circumstances, we don't have a lot of perfect answers.  So it was about the thought process and critical analysis.

It was lots of fun, even though it's messed up my success average! 

Scott

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)