10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 11:27 PM by prak RSS

CCNA SECURITY PRICE

Tochukwu Emmanuela

Please i would like to know how much is the exam fee for ccna security and also how one can get material for the exam preparation.

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: CCNA SECURITY PRICE
          JohnB

exam = 250USD

Prep materials = 50USD for self study book.

• 2. Re: CCNA SECURITY PRICE
            Nini Reed

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Cisco Certifications Program!

The price for most exams that begin with 640-802 and 642-901 (including CCNA®, CCDA®, CCNP® and CCDP®) will be $125 US in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. International exam prices will range from $125 to $150 US, depending on the US equivalent. Please contact a Cisco Test Delivery Partner in your area to obtain the exact exam pricing for your testing location. Or, you can contact Pearson VUE directly at 1-877-404-3926.

To prepare for the CCNA certification Cisco offers the following training courses: Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) v1.0 and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2) v1.0.

These official Cisco courses are only offered through a Cisco Certified Learning Partner. Use the LEARNING LOCATOR at:

www.cisco.com/go/class_locator to locate the next available course in your area. Contact the Learning Partner directly for course availability, registration information and cost.

Cisco also offers self-study material as an additional resource to our recommended training. All self-study materials can be purchased online at the Cisco Learning Store: http://www.cisco.com/go/marketplace or through Cisco Certified Learning Partners.

Good luck!

Regards,

Nini - Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• 3. Re: CCNA SECURITY PRICE
              Tochukwu Emmanuela

Nini, thanks for your reply, but i don't need information on ccna. I need information on ccna security. Presently, i'm a student of cisco academy and i intend writing my ccna in December. I also intend to take the path of security ccsp and since one is now required to take the ccna concentration exam, i need to know the price for ccna security so as to enable me make financial preparations.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: CCNA SECURITY PRICE

The price for the 640-553 INS exam is $250 US in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. International exam prices follow the $250 US equivalent. Please contact Pearson VUE at www.pearsonvue.com/cisco/contact to obtain the exact exam pricing for the testing location near you.

Again, the official Cisco courses are only offered through a Cisco Certified Learning Partner. Use the LEARNING LOCATOR at: http://www.cisco.com/go/class_locator to locate the next available course in your area. Contact the Learning Partner directly for course availability, registration information and cost.

Cheers,

Andrew

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• 5. Re: CCNA SECURITY PRICE
                  Ashwin

Hi i am Ashwin from Bangalore, India i intend to take the CCNA Security Certification by the end of this year, I need to know wheather the CCNA certification is mandatory or is it just a Pre-requisite

• 6. Re: CCNA SECURITY PRICE
                    Aaron Cary

It is mandatory. Typically the pre-requisites are almost always mandatory. You can still take the exam, you will just not get your CCNA Security Certification and title until you pass and obtain a VALID CCNA certification.

6_23_2010 , 11_37_52 AM.jpg

• 7. Re: CCNA SECURITY PRICE
                      Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Ashwin,

Aaron is correct.

The CCNA certification is a pre-requisite requirement in order to achieve your CCNA Security certification. You may take the CCNA Security exam (640-553 IINS) at any time, however, you will not be certified until to you have obtained the CCNA certification (or a valid CCIE certification can act as a pre-requisite as well).

Regards,

Rigo

• 8. Re: CCNA SECURITY PRICE
                        prak

Hi,

I want to know that if i will take the CCNA security exam then first of all i must be a valid CCNA  and after ccna security certification, the validity would be 3 years?

Regards

prakash

• 9. Re: CCNA SECURITY PRICE
                          Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Prakash,

Yes, when you achieve the CCNA Security certification it will be valid for 3 years.

If you have a valid CCNA certification and pass the CCNA Security exam (640-553 IINS), you will be certified in CCNA Security for 3 years and your CCNA will be recertified for 3 years as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rigo

• 10. Re: CCNA SECURITY PRICE
                            prak

Hi Rigo,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Prakash