Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Connections > Cisco Learning Labs > Discussions
This Question is Not Answered 1 Correct Answer available (4 pts) 1 Helpful Answer available (2 pts)
1900 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2011 4:36 PM by Vikas RSS

Currently Being Moderated

CCNA Setting up Home lab

Apr 19, 2011 12:00 PM

Vikas 21 posts since
Jan 10, 2011

Hey Guys,

I am planning on taking my CCNA exam in a few months and I have just started going though the Todd Lammle's book. I figured it will be very helpful if I can get a couple of Cisco Routers and a Switch to get there.

I bought 2 Cisco 2501 & One 2511 Router. One Cisco 1900 Catalyst Switch. I have 2 Console Cables, 2 DTE/DCE Cables & 3 AUI Ethernet transceivers.

My question is how do I connect all of these devices to my PC and configure them. I am frustrated and confused! I have no idea how to go about it.

I could configure one router with the console cable connected to my PC and I got a pretty good idea but How do I use the remaining devices?

Please provide step by step process of connecting these devices. I need help guys.

Thanks & God bless,

Vikas

• Martin 13,067 posts since
    Jan 16, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 19, 2011 3:49 PM (in response to Vikas)
    Re: CCNA Setting up Home lab

1900 is too old for exam; you need 2900 series,  2511 are OK but just barely;

PCs connected to Switch and switch to router via AUI trans. Another router to router via serial back-to-back.

Play with gear a bit, but I recommand PT.  All you need is Packet tracer free (for some) from Cisco.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)