Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > CCIE SP Operations Study Group > Discussions
4934 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2014 8:35 AM by noida_khalid RSS 1 2 Previous Next

Currently Being Moderated

ccie sp ops study partner needed

Mar 23, 2011 6:44 AM

CCIEX3 22 posts since
Aug 18, 2009

Hi all ,

i am looking at doing my ccie in sp operations soon, if anyone is preparing for the same exam ,  please let me know.

Rgds,

• Elaine Lopes 73 posts since
    May 29, 2008
    1. Mar 23, 2011 8:15 AM (in response to CCIEX3)
    Re: ccie sp ops study partner needed

Hi CCIEX3,

Are you preparing now for the Practical exam?

I have created 2 polls to better understand the needs of this community at this point in time, would you please respond to them?

Cheers,
    Elaine

May 29, 2008
    3. Mar 24, 2011 3:20 AM (in response to CCIEX3)

Hi CCIEX3,

I have a few people in mind and I'll invite them to join this community.

In the mean time, start by familiarizing yourself to the checklist - https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9705

There are 2 sections you need to prepare for:

1. Scenario - 3 hours

Start by having a look at the CCDE demo - https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-2438 . The format (NOT content) is similar to that. It will encompass the areas of Process framework (namely ITIL ® v3 framework: Service Operations, Service Transitions, a little of Service Design and Continual Service Improvement), NMS (not tool-specific) and service provider technologies in what *I* call a role-playing game :-) where you are a Senior NOC Engineer on a fictitious service provider company during the several phases of service: design-implement-operate-optimize (if you thought of PPDIOO, it's not a coincidence!).

2. Troubleshooting - 5 hours

Finding and fixing incidents on a mixed IOS and IOS XR topology.

Now, the materials... While indeed there aren't 'all-in-one' self-study materials, there are lot's of good materials however in a more scattered way. As per your nickname you're a triple CCIE so you have a lot of the bases covered already, so look at the checklist to fill the gaps.

Keep in touch, and happy studying!!!

Elaine

May 29, 2008
    5. Mar 24, 2011 5:06 AM (in response to CCIEX3)

Hi CCIEX3,

I have already sent the invites, I hope they join!

Nice point about bringing our studygroup to live, that's my goal!! So feel free to use this forum to help on your preparation to the CCIE SP Operations!

In regards to the practical exam going to Dubai, there are currently no plans. The closest lab to you is Brussels, and it's also offerred in San Jose, Raleigh (RTP), Bangalore and Hong Kong.

Cheers,
    Elaine

• Kirk A Shatto 1 posts since
    Jan 25, 2010
    6. Mar 26, 2011 12:53 PM (in response to CCIEX3)

I am going to attempt the written soon and then I will start prepping for lab probably in the September timeframe.

Hopefully we could study together.

Kirk

May 29, 2008
    7. Mar 28, 2011 3:47 AM (in response to Kirk A Shatto)

Hi Kirk,

To help you prepare to the Written exam (350-060), start by familiarizing yourself with the checklist - https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9705 . Not sure where you come from, but the page https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccie_sp_operations/written_exam?tab=2 provides different sources for getting prepared to the CCIE SP Operations exams. The Written exam consists of multiple-choice and drag&drop question types, and remember you cannot go back a previously answered question, so do not skip any question!

In order to better understand the members of our studygroup, please respond to the 2 brief poll questions.

Cheers, and happy studying!

Elaine

• K. 2 posts since
    Oct 31, 2009
    8. May 30, 2011 5:45 PM (in response to CCIEX3)

Hi Kirk and CCIEX3,

I've just started preparing CCIE SP OP for my 1st written attempt.

If you guys also try to find someone who you study together, let me join in.

Regards

• K. 2 posts since
    Oct 31, 2009
    10. Jun 1, 2011 9:12 AM (in response to CCIEX3)

Hi CCIEX3,

No SSPO cource yet. I don't know what the SP operations written exam like, so I go take the test first about within one month. Have you already passed written exam? As I have only CCIE R&S, I need to learn SP technology stuffs and operation frameworks like ITIL together. The problem is that materials to learn operation framework are lemited..

Regards

May 29, 2008
    13. Jun 15, 2011 12:18 PM (in response to CCIEX3)

Hi CCIEX3,

We test SNMP, IP SLA, Syslog, NetFlow, but not any tool in specific.

Cheers,
    Elaine

• Antonio Soares 2 posts since
    Oct 23, 2008
    14. Jun 16, 2011 2:53 AM (in response to Elaine Lopes)

Hello Elaine,

I just passed the written and i think it was a good test. Lots of ITIL and good SP related questions. Now for the lab, it would be great to have something like we have for the Service Provider Track. A Sample lab. I sincerely don't have any idea of what could be the 3 hours scenario based section. Could you provide at least one example of one scenario and more information about the troubleshooting section ?

Thanks.

Antonio Soares

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)