1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2014 8:00 AM by Brad RSS

CCNP SP  prerequisite and books

Shaokan

Hi,

I would like to know if somebody has CCNP and CCIP can be allowed to start directly with the CCNP SP track without doing CCNA SP.

Can you please send me a link where i can get the e-book, pdf for the four modules of CCNP SP track.

Regards

Shao

• 1. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books
          Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Shaokan,

Unfortunately, you will need a valid CCNA Service Provider certification to fulfill the pre-requisite requirement for CCNP Service Provider. A valid CCIE/CCDE certification can also act as a pre-requisite.

The certification exams do not need to be taken in any particular order, so you can take and pass the CCNP Service Provider exams first and then acheive the CCNA Service Provider, or vice versa. However, you will not be certified in CCNP Service Provider until you have fulfilled all requirements.

For recommended training and other resources, please visit the Study/Learn page for any corresponding CCNP Service Provider exam here.

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• 2. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books
            Jaris

Hi,

Two questions:

1) I'm CCIP, so if I want to become CCNP SP, do I have to take only 2 exams (SPCORE and SPEDGE)????? according with the "CCIP-CCNP Service Provider Migration Tool"

2) Do I have to take also the CCNA SP exams in order to become CCNP SP?????

Thanks!!!

• 3. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books

Hi Jaris,

Yes, that is correct. If you hold an active CCIP certification and wish to achieve the CCNP Service Provider certification, you will only need to take and pass 642-887 SPCORE and 642-889 SPEDGE.

If you hold a valid CCIP certification, you will not be required to achieve the CCNA Service Provider(pre-requisite) towards the CCNP Service Provider certification. Your valid CCIP certification will fulfill the pre-requisite for CCNP Service Provider.

Also, just a side note to avoid confusion, the original topic of this discussion thread and my previous response was for CCNP Service Provider Operations and not for the new CCNP Service Provider.

Regards,

Rigo

• 4. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books
                Jaris

Hi Rigo,

Thank you so much for your clear answer, so I understand that the CCNA SP is not a must in order to become CCNP SP if I have a valid CCIP certification. This applies only for the new CCNP SP which will replace the CCIP, not for the CCNP SP Operations.

Thanks!!!

• 5. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books
                  ปลาวาฬทราย

Hi,

Two questions:

1) I'm ROUTE only (not CCIP), so if I want to become CCNP SP, do I have to take only 3 exams (SPAVDROUTE and SPCORE and SPEDGE) according with the "CCIP-CCNP Service Provider Migration Tool"

2) If I want to become CCNP SP Ops., do I have to take both CCNA SP Ops and CCNP SP Ops (1+4= 5 exams)

Thanks!!!

• 6. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books
                    rafaelrox901

Hi guys

I stil can’t understand.

If you hold a valid CCIP certification do you have to pass 642-887(SPCORE) and 642-889(SPEDGE)exams before October 28, 2012 to get the CCNP SP certification or you can sit for this two exams after this date and still get CCNP SP ?????

I am asking this because I am not sure. After October 28, 2012

your CCIP cert is no longer valid and maybe then you have to pass

all the exams for CCNP SP not only SPCORE and SPEDGE.

Anyone know the answer ?

• 7. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books

Hi,

Yes, based on the information that you have provided, you must have a valid CCNA Service Provider certification (or any valid CCIE certification) to fulfill the pre-requisite requirement and pass the following 3 exams below to achieve the CCNP Service Provider:

642-885 SPADVROUTE

642-887 SPCORE

642-889 SPEDGE

For more information about the CCNP Service Provider requirements, click here.

To become certified in CCNP Service Provider Operations, you will need to have a valid CCNA Service Provider certification (or any valid CCIE certification) and pass the following exams:

642-770 OFCN

642-775 MSPRP

642-780 MSPVM

642-785 MSPQS

For more information about the CCNP Service Provider Operations requirements, click here.

Please note that Professional level 642 exams are valid for 3 years from the date they are passed. You will have 3 years to complete all of the exam requirements for any Professional level certification, such as CCNP Service Provider or CCNP Service Provider Operations. The 3 years starts as soon as you pass the first exam required for your particular certification(s).

Regards,

Rigo

• 8. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books

Hi rafaelrox901,

If you hold an active CCIP certification and want to achieve CCNP Service Provider, then you will only need to pass two exams, 642-887 SPCORE and 642-889 SPEDGE. However, you do not need to pass the SPCORE and SPEDGE exams before October 28, 2012 to achieve CCNP Service Provider.

The date of October 28, 2012 is the day that the CCIP certification will be retired. Starting October 29, 2012 candidates will no longer be able to achieve new CCIP certifications or recertify their existing CCIP certifications. If a candidate achieves the CCIP certification (or recertifies their existing CCIP) before it is retired, then it will be valid for 3 years.

Hope this clarifies any confusion.

Regards,

Rigo

• 9. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books
                          rafaelrox901

Hi Rigo,

Thank you so much for your clear answer.

Regards,

Rafael Speglis

• 10. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books
                            jsoto

Hi Rigo,

About prerequistes for CCNP SP:

Valid CCNA (R&S) plus have passed minimum of 1 CCIP exam (QOS, BGP, MPLS, BGP+MPLS, ROUTE, BSCI),

In my case I have CCNA (R&S) and BGP exams passed. As I can understand I do not need to get the CCNA SP before to achieve a CCNP SP. I just need to pass the exams SPROUTE, SPCORE, SPEDGE.

Is that correct?.

Regards,

Jaime Soto.

• 11. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books

Hi jsoto,

Yes, if you have a valid CCNA Certification + passed minimum of 1 CCIP exam, then this will fulfill the pre-requisite requirement for CCNP Service Provider and you will not need a valid CCNA Service Provider for the pre-requisite.

Since you already passed the 642-661 BGP exam, then you will need to complete the remaining exam requirements for CCNP Service Provider ( 642-883 SPROUTE, 642-887 SPCORE, 642-889 SPEDGE) within 3 years of passing the BGP exam to become certified. This is due to the fact that Professional level 642 exams are valid for 3 years from the date they are passed.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Regards,

Rigo

• 12. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books
                                jsoto

Hi Rigo,

Thanks for your answer.

I have another question. Now I want to study for SPEDGE exam, so I would like to know if there are some recommeded book for this exam.

Regards,

Jaime.

• 13. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books

Hi Jaime,

The Study/Learn page for the 642-889 SPEDGE exam contains a list of Cisco Press books as well as additional study resources for your reference.

Regards,

Rigo

• 14. Re: CCNP SP  prerequisite and books
                                    Sagarkumar

Hi,

I have passed CCNA in last March. I wanna continue my study with CCNP-SP Route 642-883.

But I cant found proper material as per nre syllabus.

Can you provide study material for Exam Number 642-883?

--

Sagar

1 2 Previous Next