Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > CCNP R&S Study Group > Discussions
1777 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2010 9:16 PM by Scott Morris - CCDE/4xCCIE/2xJNCIE RSS

Currently Being Moderated

MPLS supported Router

Nov 29, 2010 12:05 AM

Najeebullah 152 posts since
Jul 24, 2010

Hi All ,

I need to have connectivity between branch & main office over WAN.

I prefer to use MPLS, could you please let me know which are the best Cisco routers which support MPLS.

Is there any one who deployed MPLS on thier network?

thanks in advance

• Scott Morris - CCDE/4xCCIE/2xJNCIE 8,396 posts since
    Oct 7, 2008
    1. Nov 29, 2010 11:36 AM (in response to Najeebullah)
    Re: MPLS supported Router

You you RUNNING mpls?  Or you want an SP who provides a connection over MPLS?  Two COMPLETELY different things.

If you have a point to point connection, then you running mpls is completely inane in my opinion.  That's like me saying I want Jet fuel for a 4-cylinder car... 

But if you have a larger/interconnected network and want to run MPLS yourself, just use the Feature Navigator (www.cisco.com/go/fn) to see which devices/software supports MPLS.

But I'd suggest establishing what you really want to do before running down any path!

HTH,

Scott

• Scott Morris - CCDE/4xCCIE/2xJNCIE 8,396 posts since
    Oct 7, 2008
    3. Nov 29, 2010 9:16 PM (in response to Najeebullah)
    Re: MPLS supported Router

Glad to assist!

There's a lot more questions to be asked of your SP though if you are planning to run MPLS natively.  So do be careful what you wish for! 

You may just stick with regular routers and they can set you up with an MPLS VPN connection (MPLS on their end, not yours!)

Scott

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)