7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2010 11:37 PM by Inder Vaid RSS

!Video: DEMO of CCIE Lab WEB interface!

Bruno van de Werve

Hi folks,

Are you preparing for your first attempt at the CCIE R&Sv4' lab exam and wondering what the web interface is going to look like ?

Then take the time to carefuly watch this video.

It unveils most of the features and capabilities of the CCIE Lab delivery system web interface.

This will help you become more familiar with the test environment before the D-day which helps to gain some time to focus on the actual questions .

You may find this video in the "Practice" tab of the Lab exam in the CCIE R&S Certification page.

(Certifications > CCIE R&S > select "Practice" for Lab exam > Lab Demo)

Hope this helps?

Regards,

Bruno

• 1. Re: !Video: DEMO of CCIE Lab WEB interface!
          Inder Vaid

Hello,

Thanks for the link which indeed is good but I have to admit that quality of this from (especially since this is provided by Cisco) is really really bad. I hope they will give some time (not included in lab time) to get to know their interface else it will be unfair to test on web interface instead of Network technology

I remember seeing some video few months back but not able to find now, if i find it, will post it but I am sure many of providers may have some regarding same probably.

Cheers

Inder Vaid

• 2. Re: !Video: DEMO of CCIE Lab WEB interface!
            Bruno van de Werve

Hi Inder,

I think this video might be the one you saw few months ago, i just thought it was not very visible and wanted to point it from within the studygroup.

May i ask you what exactly you think is not good with this video ?

Is it the content of the video that is not clear ? Is it the speech supporting it? Is it the video material itself ?

How about a written version of it, with screenshots rather than video ?

Thanks!

Bruno

• 3. Re: !Video: DEMO of CCIE Lab WEB interface!
              Inder Vaid

Hi Bruno,

These are the things I didn't like much :-

1. Format of video as it assumes most of the people will use "windows OS" so for Mac user, you need to install a seperate plugin which is not a big issue but sometimes not very handy to install as MS plugins for Mac especially are not regularly updated. So something more of standard or different video formats like itunes for Mac users will be really good.

2. Video is very small as you cannot see what tabs are on top, till they zoom to it, which you cannot do yourself if you want.

3. I couldn't see video material very clearly and background noise has high pitch due to which I didn't see it completely even , something more soothing and option to increase size of video in format used by youtube may be will be interesting to see.

4. Screenshots with written version is good as well alongwith video in the end, so that candidates know what to expect.

Thanks.

Inder Vaid

• 4. Re: !Video: DEMO of CCIE Lab WEB interface!
                Bruno van de Werve

right, i agree the format is at least not very Mac friendly although I'm also on OSX and able to view it within quicktime (had to select 'view video as quicktime' in the flip4mac plugin). will check if we can have a more standardized format, stay tuned.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Bruno

• 5. Re: !Video: DEMO of CCIE Lab WEB interface!
                  Inder Vaid

Hi Bruno,

Something regarding background noise as well.

Thanks.

Inder Vaid

• 6. Re: !Video: DEMO of CCIE Lab WEB interface!
                    Gaurav Dixit

Hello Inder,

Please click twice on Video when it will start then it will become large and u can see full screen in your monitor.

i had check this..it is working perfectly .

Regards,

Gaurav Dixit

• 7. Re: !Video: DEMO of CCIE Lab WEB interface!
                      Inder Vaid

Hi Gaurav,

Actually double clicking was only pausing video for me, so I did "save as source" & have actually downloaded the video which looks good now

Bruno all set and video is awesome as I can see it more clearly now which was one of the main issue.

Cheers

Inder Vaid