Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > Voice (CCNP Voice) > Discussions

_Communities

6746 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2014 7:28 PM by J_Vansen_S RSS 1 2 Previous Next

Currently Being Moderated

FXO stays in off-hook state

Sep 23, 2010 12:22 PM

Leonardo 31 posts since
May 20, 2009

Hello guys,

I have a basic set up with 4 PSTN lines connected to a FXO Card  in a 2811 Router. Whenever a call comes in on a line, the FXO sends it to the basic call attendant running on same router (BACD), which then sends the call to a hunt group base on the users choice from the menu. The problem i am having is this, if i call then hang up after hearing the menu, the FXO port stays in a off-hook state forever, unless i shut it down and bring it back up, which produces a busy signal for the next caller. Anybody experience this before and know a possible solution? thanks

• Brian 223 posts since
    Aug 14, 2008
    1. Sep 26, 2010 6:25 PM (in response to Leonardo)
    Re: FXO stays in off-hook state

Just had a similar issue. Site has a 2801 with 4 FXO. POTS lines are in a Hunt Group on the Telco side. Everything points the the Front Desk phone extension. Front desk answers then transfers to the intended caller. Or so we thought. They were actually taking the inbound call and transferring it to the persons cell phone. That did two things, first off it locked up two POTS lines while the call was active, but in this case did the same thing you are experiencing. It locked the two ports in an off-hook status even after the call was disconnected. Only fix was to shut/no shut the ports. TAC worked on it for a few days. Even created a custom disconnect tone setup for us. Nothing worked. Eventually we just told the site not to transfer off net and to instead transfer to the recipient's voicemail.

I'm not an expert on it but I think what it was in our case was that the router wasn't relaying the signal from one line to the next. Your issue sounds like it never goes anywhere, but actually stays on the router. In that case I would try to contact the Telco and see if there is anything they can change for disconnect on your POTS lines. Our Telco said no, but our Account Rep. got them to do it   Also, you could try looking into "Supervisory Disconnect". This is all assuming that when you call this same thing from an internal number everything disconnects as expected.

• filo 3 posts since
    Sep 28, 2010
    3. Sep 28, 2010 8:59 PM (in response to Leonardo)

hi,

I have similar problem. In my case the fxo ports stay off-hook after setting a conference (1 party internal, the others 2 pstn).

I have also BACD configured and voice card VWIC2-4FX0 CME 7.1

I haven´t found a solution yet.

I hope any of you can help me.

regards

• womble stomper 2 posts since
    Sep 25, 2008
    4. Oct 4, 2010 8:04 AM (in response to Leonardo)

This sounds like it could be related to a known problem with FXO ports and disconnectiondepending on where the call in starting from

More information can be found at the following link below - it also gives ideas of how to get around the problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

• Vikrant 16 posts since
    Dec 5, 2010
    5. Feb 27, 2011 7:36 PM (in response to womble stomper)

We have Same issue, Is this solved ?

Can you Please post solution if anyone know this

• filo 3 posts since
    Sep 28, 2010
    6. Feb 27, 2011 8:11 PM (in response to Vikrant)

Hi Vikrant,

Unfortunately I did not find any solution that solved this issue. I had to suggest to move to digital trunks, of course no more problems.

Maybe you can try the option as Brian suggests, talk with your Telco and ask to change what is necessary on its side in order to avoid the port stay in off-hook state.

regards

• Paul Stewart  -  CCIE Security, CCSI 6,966 posts since
    Jul 18, 2008
    7. Feb 27, 2011 8:58 PM (in response to filo)

I wonder if some type of supervisory disconnect between the fxo and telco could rectify the issue.

• Vikrant 16 posts since
    Dec 5, 2010

Ok I will ask,

But Please look on my config & please let me know if anything wrong

voice-port 0/1/0
    supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
    no battery-reversal
    output attenuation -6
    cptone AU
    timeouts call-disconnect 3
    timeouts wait-release 3
    timing sup-disconnect 300
    connection plar opx 204
    impedance complex1
    caller-id enable
    !
    voice-port 0/1/1
    supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
    no battery-reversal
    output attenuation -6
    cptone AU
    timeouts call-disconnect 3
    timeouts wait-release 3
    timing sup-disconnect 300
    connection plar opx 206
    impedance complex1
    caller-id enable
    !
    ephone-dn  13  dual-line
    number 204 no-reg primary
    label 204
    description Lindsay Clark
    name Lindsay Clark
    call-forward busy 400
    call-forward noan 400 timeout 10
    !
    !
    ephone-dn  15  dual-line
    number 206 no-reg primary
    label 206
    description Lindsay Clark
    name Lindsay Clark
    call-forward busy 202
    call-forward noan 00411069447 timeout 10

!

If I pickup call on 206 that time All is going well but if doesn't pickup call on 206 then it forward to my mobile. But after Hang up running call, it's doesn't disconnect (As in a call comes in and is then not disconnected on completion) & I found both voice-port (Voice-port 0/1/0 ) & (Voice-port 0/1/1 ) is showing engaged(busy) & Off-hook.

it's showing off-hook until reset both voice ports

It was working from last year, But having issue from last week, One more thing i didn't change anything on router

• Brian 2,971 posts since
    Aug 17, 2009
    9. Feb 28, 2011 5:47 AM (in response to Leonardo)

Aloha Leonardo,

Do you have the following configured on the voice ports, "no battery-reversal"?

Try enabling with "battery-reversal".

Checkout the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

HTH

• Brian 223 posts since
    Aug 14, 2008
    10. Feb 28, 2011 6:26 AM (in response to Brian)

I'm in agreement with Brian. I had originally gone through what the document he posted suggests.

• Vikrant 16 posts since
    Dec 5, 2010
    11. Mar 1, 2011 10:17 PM (in response to Brian)

Hi Brian,

I tried enabling with "battery-reversal".  but this time after disconnecting running call means Hung up the phone & make call again on same no. Voice-port 0/1/1 that time I found both voice-port (Voice-port 0/1/0 ) & (Voice-port 0/1/1 ) is showing engaged(busy) & Off-hook.

As in a call comes in and is then not disconnected on completion.  The LED light stays on, on the UC520, need to see if it is possible to work out why the calls remain active

• J_Vansen_S 7 posts since
    Apr 20, 2009
    12. Mar 10, 2014 11:31 PM (in response to Leonardo)

anyone got this working?

I am having the exact same issue.

Incoming calls to AA, kept ringing at the operator. Even when the caller has already hang up.

we have already checked with telco, and they have provided the busy tone freq and cadence but it still did not work

any advise appreciated.

• filo 3 posts since
    Sep 28, 2010
    13. Mar 11, 2014 8:27 AM (in response to J_Vansen_S)

Hi  Vansen, For analog ports in my case the following config clear  the problem. in addition try with the newest IOS version voice-port 1/0/X supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call cptone MX --->your country timeouts call-disconnect 5 timeouts wait-release 5 regards

• tedeschi1 18 posts since
    Jun 9, 2009
    14. Mar 11, 2014 12:52 PM (in response to Leonardo)

Is this a MGCP gateway?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)