Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Cisco Networking Academy > Discussions
This Question is Answered 1 Helpful Answer available (2 pts)
5304 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2010 5:56 AM by The_Cisco_Kid RSS

Currently Being Moderated

Packet Tracer

Aug 7, 2010 7:59 PM

The_Cisco_Kid 31 posts since
Jan 19, 2010

Using an 1841 Router - under config, I was trying to setup a Key Chain and this command was not displayed.

Anyone have any insight?

• Keith Barker - CCIE RS/Security, CISSP 5,351 posts since
    Jul 3, 2009
    1. Aug 7, 2010 11:01 PM (in response to The_Cisco_Kid)
    Re: Packet Tracer

Using an 1841 Router - under config, I was trying to setup a Key Chain and this command was not displayed.

Anyone have any insight?

Hello Cisco Kid -

Yes.  The answer is they didn't program that into the Packet Tracer simulation.

They put a ton of stuff in, but not that.   I checked on the 3560 and the XM routers as well, and it isn't there for any of them.  :-/

Keith Barker

• Keith Barker - CCIE RS/Security, CISSP 5,351 posts since
    Jul 3, 2009
    3. Aug 8, 2010 10:02 AM (in response to The_Cisco_Kid)
    Re: Packet Tracer

Hello Joe -

I loaded up an older verion 5.2, with the same results, no commands that begin with "K" are available in global configuration.

It was the same for both 5.2 and 5.3.   I looked through the options, but found nothing that would hide or add command line options.

Perhaps the lab was written with an earlier version than 5.2, or created on a different simulator or even on real gear.    One of the show command in the word doc, shows a copy of sdm sitting on flash.   That would be another clue that the lab wasn't created on Packet Tracer (unless PT does support SDM).

The commands to apply the authentication within the interface are also missing on both versions.  

You may want to get to some real gear for this lab, or set up GNS3.

Best wishes,

Keith

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)