4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2010 5:56 AM by The_Cisco_Kid RSS

Packet Tracer

The_Cisco_Kid

Using an 1841 Router - under config, I was trying to setup a Key Chain and this command was not displayed.

Anyone have any insight?

• 1. Re: Packet Tracer
          Keith Barker - CCIE RS/Security, CISSP

Using an 1841 Router - under config, I was trying to setup a Key Chain and this command was not displayed.

Anyone have any insight?

Hello Cisco Kid -

Yes.  The answer is they didn't program that into the Packet Tracer simulation.

They put a ton of stuff in, but not that.   I checked on the 3560 and the XM routers as well, and it isn't there for any of them.  :-/

Keith Barker

• 2. Re: Packet Tracer
            The_Cisco_Kid

Keith

Thanks for being up at 1:00am my time and answering this!

The confusion comes into play where my fellow class-mate tells me he was able to get this to work.

Is it possible that the earlier release of Packet Tracer did indeed have this command?

Now the latest release must not?

It's so odd why our professor gives us a lab for PT, however it does not work?

I have attached the lab to this post so you can see for yourself - on the bottom of PAGE 6.

Please reply

TIA!!

Joe

• 3. Re: Packet Tracer
              Keith Barker - CCIE RS/Security, CISSP

Hello Joe -

I loaded up an older verion 5.2, with the same results, no commands that begin with "K" are available in global configuration.

It was the same for both 5.2 and 5.3.   I looked through the options, but found nothing that would hide or add command line options.

Perhaps the lab was written with an earlier version than 5.2, or created on a different simulator or even on real gear.    One of the show command in the word doc, shows a copy of sdm sitting on flash.   That would be another clue that the lab wasn't created on Packet Tracer (unless PT does support SDM).

The commands to apply the authentication within the interface are also missing on both versions.  

You may want to get to some real gear for this lab, or set up GNS3.

Best wishes,

Keith

• 4. Re: Packet Tracer
                The_Cisco_Kid

Keith

Again for your time and efforts - thank you very much.

Joe