Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > Routing & Switching (CCNP) > Discussions

_Communities

This Question is Not Answered 1 Correct Answer available (4 pts)
5411 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2010 2:18 PM by DelVonte RSS

Currently Being Moderated

CCNP SWITCH Exam and ? (question) mark

Jul 13, 2010 4:32 AM

Tuomo 12 posts since
Nov 20, 2008

Hi all,

I had my CCNP SWITCH test yesterday and I found out that I couldn't get ? mark from any key and that increased the difficulty level a lot with the sims. So the question in a nutshell is that are the candidates able to use ? key in the CCNP cert tests? I took TSHOOT beta earlier this year and in that exam I couldn't get a ? mark either, but in that case I thought that it wasn't allowed due to the nature of the exam. I browsed through the earlier discussion threads and in CCNA section I noticed a similar question and in the responses it was mentioned that ? mark is available in all Cisco exams. And for last to mention that I failed my switch exam by just 24 points practically because I didn't remember in detail two commands related to dot1x authentication In my own lab I got the commands right away with ? mark, so it made me a little bit desperate...

Cheers,

-Tuomo

• Jared 5,501 posts since
    Jul 27, 2008
    1. Jul 13, 2010 5:28 AM (in response to Tuomo)
    Re: CCNP SWITCH Exam and ? (question) mark

In the past, the ? mark has usually been permitted.  I have no problem saying that because I watched a video from Cisco where Cisco actually encouraged the use of the ? during a test.  Now, that was a couple of years ago.  Over time, things change.

There are a few possibilities.

1) the question mark is no longer permitted.

2) the test had a glitch in it and it should have allowed you to use it.

3) the question mark may be permitted is some tests but not others.

Did you leave comments in your test about the question mark not working?  This is something we may want a moderator to chime in on.

• Keith Barker - CCIE RS/Security, CISSP 5,351 posts since
    Jul 3, 2009
    2. Jul 13, 2010 5:53 AM (in response to Tuomo)

Another option, is that they simply didn't build the context sensitive help (the "?" option) into every level of every command. 

In the real world, context sensitive help is there "most of the time" as well.    Some of the newer features, don't have fully cooked context sensitive help as well.

Best wishes on your next attempt.

Keith

• Jared 5,501 posts since
    Jul 27, 2008

Good point Keith.  Sims are test are just that.... simulators and no matter how good a simulator is, it is still a simulation.

• Steven Williams 3,266 posts since
    Jan 26, 2009
    5. Jul 13, 2010 11:49 AM (in response to Tuomo)

In regards to the SWITCH exam, what did you use for study material? Book Wise? I hear the Cisco Press Book for the SWITCH exam by Hucaby is not sufficient enough for the exam. I is missing a lot of updated material for the exam. Can anyone verify this?

• Currently Being Moderated
    7. Jul 14, 2010 2:18 PM (in response to Tuomo)

I'm not sure about the ?, but that would make the exams a bit more interesting if it is not allowed. I remember taking the CCNA exam at the beginning of last year and the ? seemed to work on some questions, but not others. Like wise some commands were invalid in particular instances, although I know they should have worked. Maybe the ? is disabled in specific questions????

Thanks for the link to Hucaby's blog by the way, that has been a huge gap filler.

DelVonte

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)