13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2019 10:37 AM by Yvan RSS

CCNA Before February

Yvan

Hello Everyone,

I need some suggestions about the CCNA.

Is it too late for obtaining the CCNA before February ??

I have the two books ICND1 and ICND2.

The ICND1 book is already read.

My planning is to pass ICND1 for the 27 Decembre and ICND for 20 February , is it too short ?

Another interrogation, is it possible to validate the exam only with this two books ? Or i need more Labs exercices , other support ?

For the moment i read the key topics of ICND1 and try exam practice and labs with DVD, is it enough ?

Thanks for the answer,

Regards,

• 1. Re: CCNA Before February
          Yvan

I'm working like 2Hours / day

• 2. Re: CCNA Before February
            Steven Davidson

Yvan wrote:

Hello Everyone,

My planning is to pass ICND1 for the 27 Decembre and ICND for 20 February , is it too short ?

Another interrogation, is it possible to validate the exam only with this two books ? Or i need more Labs exercices , other support ?

For the moment i read the key topics of ICND1 and try exam practice and labs with DVD, is it enough ?

Thanks for the answer,

Regards,

It's not too late but you need to plan well because you're running out of time and cannot afford to waste time.  If you haven't already done so, get the exam topic lists and plan out your work. 

• 3. Re: CCNA Before February
              Rob

Hi,

you can do it.

But you definitely need labs, labs and more labs .

I can highly recommend David Bombal - Cisco CCNA Packet Tracer Ultimate labs (Udemy has sale, so it is very cheap).

Good luck!

• 4. Re: CCNA Before February
                Peter McKenzie

I would suggest a plan of action. Look at objectives read up on them tick them off when you have understood them

Plus as above do the labs so you can know how to do the labs included in the exam

• 5. Re: CCNA Before February
                  Ing_Percy

Hi!

If you have experience in CCNA R&S (jobs, practice), then you could take the 200-125 exam before 23th, 2020, but if you don't have experience, maybe you must study the new CCNA.

Regards!

• 6. Re: CCNA Before February
                    Martin

Best of luck !

• 7. Re: CCNA Before February
                      Dave

I'm in the same situation

• 8. Re: CCNA Before February
                        Rob

So good luck to you as well

• 9. Re: CCNA Before February
                          rambrose511

As with the other comments here planning and using your time wisely is a must, you can also download packet tracer for free which will help you with the labs.

• 10. Re: CCNA Before February
                            Dave

Thanks Rob!

• 11. Re: CCNA Before February
                              Daniel

Hi Yvan,

Yvan wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the answer,

Regards,

Based on your above questions and reasoning here is how I would guide you:

You most certainly have time to pass CCNA before February 23rd. It's a matter of getting quality hours of studying in order to pass these tough exams! On average i would recommend about 80 hours for theory and about 40 hours of doing labs...so the question is, do you think that you can set aside the hours to learn the topics?

If you have already read the ICND1 books and pass it in December, then you have about 2 months to go through ICND2. I will tell you hands-on, this is going to be tough and a lot of studying required. But it's possible with dedication!

My personal recommendation would be that it's enough to pass these two exams with the books that you have. Sometimes students miss out important information in the "foundational learning guide" also....but IMO you should be safe!

The number one reason I believe students fail the CCNA-exam is mostly because they lack experience doing labs....they are not familiar enough with CLI and "IOS"....so if I would give a single advice I would say to make labs your priority. Learning by burning is recommended!

So at the end of the day....I would estimate about 60-80 hours of quality studying after you pass your ICND1 exam, based on your background an previous experience this may be less or more...then again, if you are dedicated the time-window is possible.

-HTH

Daniel

• 12. Re: CCNA Before February
                                samita

Hello fella is not late if you can plan well, you should not afford to waste time

• 13. Re: CCNA Before February
                                  Yvan

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all your advices, i will try my best.

I will focus on exam topics of ICND1 and make lot of labs.

Try the exam in late December, if i succeed (or not) will see the next step ICND2 or directly new CCNA.

Thanks Again.

And good luck for everyone