5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2019 8:12 PM by Gil RSS

Where's the best place to find a practice test for the ICND1 and ICND 2 exam.

Gil

I'm currently doing CBT nuggets but seeing if there are better practice exams out there.

• 1. Re: Where's the best place to find a practice test for the ICND1 and ICND 2 exam.
          Martin

our site has some practice Qs (under cert page) ; then CLN store has some as well;

Routing & Switching (CCNA)

otherwise, there are  some 3rd party practice exams, Boson is (or was) good.

i would search this forum for posts/topics "i passed"  tp see what people use to pass exam

good luck

• 2. Re: Where's the best place to find a practice test for the ICND1 and ICND 2 exam.
            Gil

Martin, thanks for the tip.

• 3. Re: Where's the best place to find a practice test for the ICND1 and ICND 2 exam.
              Gil

Edward, have you taken any of the practice exam in certification genie?

• 4. Re: Where's the best place to find a practice test for the ICND1 and ICND 2 exam.
                Thomas

There is no single source substantially better than the others in reality. It takes a comprehensive approach to pass the exam.

Pearson's www.informit.com ( code: ASTKL) is a good place to buy the Official Cert Guide. (Or Amazon, Barnes and Noble etc)

The Cert guide comes with practice tests on CD Inside the back cover and a Simulator LITE. I recommend using the substantial discount code in the back of the cert guide to buy the full CCNA Routing and Switching Network Simulator on informit. Another book that maybe helpful is '31 days till exam'. Go to your local library or sign on to their website and look for the 'Exam Cram' book.

Pick and Study one or two specific topic each or every other day. Jump back and forth between the books, the practice test, and the simulator studying the same topic in all of them. Pass4Sure is not a brain dump anymore yet is quality test prep.  Use them ALL but let me be clear. There are no brain dumps that can prepare you. You have to study each topic, different books. Cisco is the best because they design the test you will be taking. But don't just sit and read 1 book end to end. Jump back and forth, skip chapters, change books, work in the simulator. example Study PPP in each of the books and simulator. On another day Study STP or OSPF in all the books and simulator. Also maybe a few dial up dialer questions on the exam. Cisco learning website has some basic test questions. Remember Cisco doesn't publish these at random just because they need something on their site. There is a reason those practice questions are there. there is a reason the Odom Cert guide is structure and presents that way. Cisco builds the equipment, writes the IOS, writes the books and designs the tests. They are the best source.

I recently passed the CCNA exam and can tell you the Cisco books don't show you actual test questions but they are very similar in nature to the test questions.

The more money you spend on the quality material I've mentioned the better off you'll be. Cisco knows how to trip you up. Just taking practice tests without studying material is a recipe for failure.

And I recommend taking the ICND1 and ICND2 separately if you have time. It's less money each tests and if you fail you're not out $300. yes you'll spend more in the long run but the experience of taking the individual tests helps greatly if you need to retake it. However, you have until Feb 2020 to complete the ICND1 and ICND2 before the Test changes.

• 5. Re: Where's the best place to find a practice test for the ICND1 and ICND 2 exam.
                  Gil

Thomas, thanks for the feedback. I'll take your advice and see how I do.