1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 4, 2019 3:39 PM by Kevin Santillan RSS

Problem VPC Type-2 consistency reasons on N9K (New Deployment)

william

Hi Master,

We have a couple new deployment nexus 93180YC with NX-OS 7.0.3.I7.6.

We have configuring the vpc domain, and vlan database. Its like and must be same with peer switch, but i have still facing Please check "show vpc consistency-parameters vpc <vpc-num>" for the consistency reason of down vpc and for type-2 consistency reasons for any vpc.

Lets see the capture below:

1.PNG

2.PNG

And some detail:

4.PNG3.PNG

Please help me to tshoot in deep

• 1. Re: Problem VPC Type-2 consistency reasons on N9K (New Deployment)
          Kevin Santillan

You don't have inconsistencies at the moment - all status are successful. The message you're seeing is just there to inform you to do a show vpc consistency parameters in case you do have inconsistencies. The show vpc brief output is your final verification to check the VPC's health. You'll see an output similar to this one if you have issues.

vPC domain id                     : 102

Peer status                       : peer adjacency formed ok     

vPC keep-alive status             : peer is alive                

Configuration consistency status  : success

Per-vlan consistency status       : success                      

Type-2 consistency status         : failed

Type-2 inconsistency reason       : SVI type-2 configuration incompatible

vPC role                          : primary

In this case, one particular SVI is up on this switch while the one in the peer is down thus the inconsistency. One thing to take note is Type-2 inconsistencies, which are the most common ones I've encountered due to the number of VLANs/SVIs you typically have in a DC, won't actually cause issues with VPCs. It's just a warning that your configs between the peers don't match.