1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 11, 2019 9:17 AM by Karlo Bobiles RSS

Download keeps failing

Frank

I just purchased VIRL but I am unable to download it as the download keeps failing.

I have a stable 100 Mbps internet connection but when I go to download the file, it starts out saying that it will only take 5 minutes, but then it keeps stalling and starting again.

Eventually the file will "finish" downloading but it will say incomplete.

I have tried chrome and firefox (both up to date)

Can someone please help me figure out how to download the software? Is there a better mirror than the official download link?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Download keeps failing
          Karlo Bobiles

Hello Frank,

You may need to clear your session state before the download page works:

Also, the VIRL software images are large (~4GB), and we recommend using a download manager to ensure a successful download.  Our users have had success with DownThemAll! and iGetter.

You can check if your downloaded image's integrity by checking the md5 checksum: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-30340

You can find the MD5 sum for your particular download on the VIRL download page.  You may need to click the button to expand the details under the image to show the MD5 checksum.

virl_download_expanded.png

Thank you,

Karlo Bobiles

Cisco Learning Network