4 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2019 6:20 PM by Juergen Ilse CCNA R&S RSS

failed the ccnp recertification

character9

I failed my ccnp R&S re-certification. Now I have to start from scratch and take 3 exams. But my question is: do I need to take the CCNA R&S again?

• 1. Re: failed the ccnp recertification
          Martin

check if ccna is still valid using Cisco cert support site.  Cisco exams are valid for 3 years. if u took and passed 1 exam from the same level or above , like icnd2 , your ccna would be renewed for another 3 years.

did u pass any Pro level cert within 3 years of getting ccna ?

• 2. Re: failed the ccnp recertification
            character9

No. I took the ccnp re-certification because it is at the end of my 3 years and I failed. Now, do I need to take CCNA again before taking the 3 tests of CCNP?

• 3. Re: failed the ccnp recertification
              Martin

Yes, it is recommended getting CCNA before continuing CCNP track.  but ...

if u do not have CCNA and pass all 3 CCNP exams, you will be awarded CCNP cert after passing CCNA (pass CCNA within 3 years).

Note that You must pass all 3 CCNP Pro level exams within 3 years of passing 1st Pro level.  in other words, each exam is valid for 3 years only.

other Pro tracks have 4-5 exams.

to check your validity, expiration dates, or progress, go to this site

Good luck!

• 4. Re: failed the ccnp recertification
                Juergen Ilse CCNA R&S

character9 schrieb:

I failed my ccnp R&S re-certification.

I'm sorry to read that.

Now I have to start from scratch and take 3 exams. But my question is: do I need to take the CCNA R&S again?

If you have renewed your CCNA R&S by passing a CCNA level exam after your last passed CCNP level exam, it may be still valid, but i fear, that that will be not the case. Check in the certification tracking, iif you still have a valif´d CCNA R&S certification, or if the CCNA R&S certification is also expired. If your CCNA R&S certification is also expired, you have akso to start your CCNA R&S from scratch ...