3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2019 12:19 AM by Ismael da Silva Mariano RSS

My CCNP Certification validity expiry date is Oct 2019. How can I re-certify ?

Benson Davis

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

My CCNP Certification validity expires in Oct 2019. I have no plan of doing CCIE as of now.

How can I re-certify ?

Do I have to give all the CCNP exams again ?

or Is it enough I give a single exam of CCNP Route or Switch or Tshoot again?

or will giving an Exam of CCNA Security extend my CCNP validity as well ?

Please share your valuable advises ?

Keith.Barker, sarahanand, kbobiles.cisco

Could you please help me with a good suggestion !!!

Regards

Benson Davis

Cisco Systems Inc.

Bangalore, India

• 1. Re: My CCNP Certification validity expiry date is Oct 2019. How can I re-certify ?
          Gus

Hi Benson Davis,

I understand your CCNP will expire on Oct. 2019 and you need to understand how to recertify your CCNP certification.

In order to recertify any Cisco Professional-level certifications (CCDP, CCNP Cloud, CCNP Collaboration, CCNP Data Center, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Security, CCNP Service Provider, and CCNP Wireless), you need to remember that they are valid for three years.

To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:

• Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
          • Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
          • Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
          • Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications

When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification). For more information, access the How to Recertify page at the following link: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/certifications.html#~Recert

I hope this information helps you and I wish you all the best in your CCNP recertification.

Regards,

Gus

• 2. Re: My CCNP Certification validity expiry date is Oct 2019. How can I re-certify ?
            Ing_Percy

Hi!

ONE professional exam is enough to recertify

I recommend you take the TSHOOT exam, for practicing troubleshooting in cisco devices

Regards!

• 3. Re: My CCNP Certification validity expiry date is Oct 2019. How can I re-certify ?
              Ismael da Silva Mariano

Hy Benson !

1)My CCNP Certification validity expires in Oct 2019. I have no plan of doing CCIE as of now.How can I re-certify ?

What Cisco states :

Recertification

Cisco Professional-level certifications (CCDP, CCNP Cloud, CCNP Collaboration, CCNP Data Center, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Security, CCNP Service Provider, and CCNP Wireless) are valid for three years.

To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:

• Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
              • Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
              • Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
              • Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.

Achieving or recertifying any of the certifications above automatically extends your active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved. For more information, access the Cisco About Recertification page.

As a resumé, you must take and pass any CCNP exam up to the date of expiration. In your case take one of the CCNP exams.You can also take and pass the CCIE R&S written exam to recertify. Think which of those options are easier for you.

2) Do I have to give all the CCNP exams again ?

No, just one of them. At your choice ( 300-101 , 300-115 or 300-135 )

3) single exam of CCNP Route or Switch or Tshoot again?

Yes, just one of them is enough.

4) CCNA Security extend my CCNP validity as well ?

Any CCNA is a level bellow of CCNP , so passing CCNA will not recertify CCNP.

If you permit, my suggestion is to take the exam you like more between 300-101 , 300-115 or 300-135 . I would attend 300-115, think its easier.

Best regards and good luck!