4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2019 8:06 AM by Jared RSS

Do I start with CCNA Routing  & Switching or start with CCNA Cloud?

GHOUOZEN

Hi to everyone!

Please do the CCNA Routing  & Switching Certification still exists on CISCO Associate level certifications?

I started my CCNA Routing  & Switching course in 2008 but due to professional contraints I was not able to end the Certification.

Actually i will like to start Cisco Associates Level certification but I will like to know  if someone can tell me where I can start, on CCNA Routing  & Switching or start with CCNA Cloud and if posible to guide me step by step how I can proceed.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Do I start with CCNA Routing  & Switching or start with CCNA Cloud?
          Sergey

GHOUOZEN,

Welcome to CLN!

Yes, CCNA RS is still available to take and as far as I know is not going to vanish any time soon If you want to do CCNA Cloud certification, you can do. There are no pre-requisites for CCNA Cloud certification, so you can go straight for it if you want to.

• 2. Re: Do I start with CCNA Routing  & Switching or start with CCNA Cloud?
            Subodh

Hi Sergey ,

I am new to Cisco community & curiosity or honestly time demand of cloud routed me to CCNA Cloud . I am telco professional with conventional teleco network knowledge . To upgrade me technical skills I am planning for CCNA Cloud , I like know if Classroom training of 5 days each  for both the 210-451 CLDFND  & 210-455 CLDADM  good to crack the exam . ?

Or which learning mode you suggest e-learning   or classroom ? In terms of quick learning .

Thanks,

Subodh

• 3. Re: Do I start with CCNA Routing  & Switching or start with CCNA Cloud?
              Sergey

Subodh,

Welcome to CLN! I wouldn't know what option would be best for you. I have done all my Cisco certifications so far without attending live class training. Also, I haven't taken any of the two exams for CCNA Cloud, so can't advise on that specifically. What I can say though, is - firstly get yourself an OCG book for each of them. This I would say is a necessity. Then you can supplement it with some videos and other books on specific topics covered in an exam curriculum. The good ones are INE and CBTNuggets. Also, there are a lot of resources about cloud on Safari and that one might be more cost effective. These resources are good in a sense that they are always available and you can use them at your own pace, whereas classroom training might be more immersive, but is strictly timed and limited. Some people benefit more from the classroom, some do well in self-paced training. You are the one to decide what format works best for you.

Best of luck with your exams!

• 4. Re: Do I start with CCNA Routing  & Switching or start with CCNA Cloud?
                Jared

The CCNA has been the foundation for everything else for decades.  i would compare the 2 side by side and make you decision based on that.