Please download the latest copy of your license from your account before resetting your Salt settings.
Reset your salt settings by performing the following:
1. At top of the VIRL PE virtual machine console window; locate the management URL (User Workspace Management)
2. Open a web browser and navigate to the IP address assigned
3. Login to UWM
Password: password (This is the default password, if this doesn’t work, please use whatever you configured during setup)
4. Click VIRL Server > Salt Configuration and Status
5. Click Reset Keys and ID
*If you received the VIRL subscription license as a compressed file, it must be extracted prior to upload!
6. Click Load config file
7. Select license file and Click Open
8. Click appropriate button for your region to populate List of Cisco Salt Masters
9. Select eft.pub (Regular use) from Master Sign Public Key dropdown menu
*Do not use any other master public key!
10. Click Reset
11. Upon completion, you will be returned to the Salt Configuration and Status page
12. Verify Last successful contact section displays today's date.
If you continue to get the same error message, please run the VIRL Server Config Validation script and attach your results to this thread.
Cisco Learning Network