VIRL uses the physical hardware. Just because it is a virtual machine doesn't mean you don't need to assign it physical hardware. You would need 4 licenses for 4 VMs running VIRL. Each node would need 4 vCPU, 64GB of RAM and 60GB of disk space. VMWare standalone only allows 8 vCPU per VM by default. To get past this I needed to add an Essential Kit licnese on my HP DL360e Gen8 server. I have 12 phycial CPUs and VMWare shows them as 24 vCPUs. I assigned 16 to VIRL.
What hardware are the 4 clusters running on?
For CML support, please open a TAC support case by visiting: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-worldwide-contacts.html
If you are deploying a VIRL Multi-Node Cluster, please refer to the following instructions: Installing a VIRL OpenStack Cluster
Also, after reviewing your log, the license file needs to be re-applied. Instead of displaying “cml.cml.info”, it should list the name of the actual license file, such as “ABC123.virl.info”
To reset your salt settings, please perform the following on the controller:
1. At top of the VIRL PE virtual machine console window; locate the management URL (User Workspace Management)
2. Open a web browser and navigate to the IP address assigned
3. Login to UWM:
a. Username: uwmadmin
b. Password: password (This is the default password, if this doesn’t work, please use whatever you configured during setup)
4. Click VIRL Server > Salt Configuration and Status
5. Click Reset Keys and ID
*If you received the VIRL subscription license as a compressed file, it must be extracted prior to upload!
6. Click Load config file
7. Select license file and Click Open
8. Verify the “Salt ID and Domain” displays your license file name after upload: kBHAmDi6.virl.info
9. Click appropriate button for your region to populate List of Cisco Salt Masters
10. Select eft.pub (Regular use) from Master Sign Public Key dropdown menu
*Do not use any other master public key!
11. Click Reset
12. Upon completion, you will be returned to the Salt Configuration and Status page
13. Verify Last successful contact section displays today's date.
Cisco Learning Network