11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2019 8:56 AM by Gus RSS

Passed CIVND 210-065

Nicky

Passed CIVND 210-065 yesterday by not much, but it all counts. Very happy to have it out of the way and it gives me my CCNA Collaboration. I thought I would share the study materials I used, and what I thought of them:

• I always start studying with the CBT Nuggets as it gives me a good overview of the topics. This worked for me again and then I dig deeper.
      • I researched each of the Cisco Video products on the Cisco website. At a minimum, I used the datasheet so I had a good understanding of what each product does.
      • Official Certification Guide. I read it twice and found it good for endpoint information, but was missing large slabs of content that where in the exam. If I had my time again, I would have read it once and then ignore it.
      • I used INE CCIE Collaboration rack rentals for hands on with TMS and VCS
      • I work day to day with Cisco CUCM so I am comfortable with the voice side of things and can navigate my way round CUCM.

A couple of points that have been stated elsewhere, but are worth remembering:

• Most products tested in the exam are End of Life.
      • I don't know why video surveillance is included as I have never met a voice person who is responsible for it but you need to study it.
      • Stop calling Cisco Press books Official Certification Guides as this gives the impression that they will cover all topics to get you certified, which they do not. Call them a study aid and make it clear on the book that Cisco does not own Cisco Press.

Happy to have got this exam out of the way so I can move on wards and upwards to CCNP Collaboration.