VIRL installation images can be downloaded directly from your VIRL Medius account. Remember to use the same CCO ID used when you purchased VIRL.
Accessing your VIRL software
- Go to https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/myaccount.
- Login using your Cisco.com ID and password.
- Click on “Download VIRL” (Note that you must have a valid purchase and active subscription)
For installation documentation and basic tutorials: https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/virlfaq/supportAccessing your License file
- Go to https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/myaccount and log in using your Cisco.com ID and password.
- Click on “License Keys” (Note that you must have a valid purchase and active subscription)
Should you find that you are not able to access your software or license, open a support case with us. Be sure to include the error received and a screenshot whenever possible.
The VIRL software images are large (~4GB), and we recommend using a download manager to ensure a successful download. Our users have had success with DownThemAll! and iGetter.
You can check if your downloaded image's integrity by checking the md5 checksum: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-30340.
You can find the MD5 sum for your particular download on the VIRL download page. You may need to click the button to expand the details under the image to show the MD5 checksum.
Cisco Learning Network