4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2019 12:26 AM by rmbh67 RSS

Passed 200-355

rmbh67

Hey All, passed the CCNA-W with just under a 900 a couple weeks ago.  Wanted to share a my experience since reading this thread was a big help for me.

1. This was a tough test. You'll need to put the time in.  I studied 2-5 hours everyday for 2 months.  Luckily I had project this summer that enabled me to watch/listen as I worked.
      2. You need an 860 to pass NOT 820 like the CCNA-RS.  Might be obvious to some but it made me feel some pressure.
      3. I attended Jerome Henry's Cisco Live session "Master the 802.11 Protocols"  this approach worked for me.  However, you need to know the blueprint.  Client connectivity almost did me in.  It's a significant chunk of the test as the blueprint states.
      4. Know your antenna patterns and DFS channels.  I spent a lot of time on the WLAN professionals and CWNP YouTube channels.  These can supplement the Cisco Press material.  (I hope Cisco doesn't mind me referencing these since the OCG author just got his CWNE cert and the Cisco RRM white paper assumes you have CWNA knowledge)
      5. I used the OCG and LiveLessons videos
        1. CCNA Wireless 200-355 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition and Practice Test by David Hucaby
          1. Register these and use the practice tests.
          2. I bought the digital version as well to get more practice questions.
        2. CCNA Wireless 200-355 videos of Jerome Henry
          1. They let you download these.  I recommend downloading them on your phone.  I organized all of them in VLC and watched/listened to these on 1.5 speed over and over again. In the car, at work, walking my dog etc.
          2. The quizzes are tough.  Good preparation. On a laptop, use the search bar to filter by "module" and get reps, reps, reps.
          3. Jerome is a funny dude.

Good Luck!