7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2018 7:11 AM by thomas RSS

CCNA R & S expiration

hasan

Hi I am planning to seat for CCNP R & S , I pass CCNA r & S in 2013 , ccna security in 2014, CCNA voice 2015, ccie collaboration written in 2016.

Do i still need to recertify CCNA r & S ?

• 1. Re: CCNA R & S expiration
          Martin

No, Certifications and exams are valid for 3 years, so you have 1 year left. your CCNA is valid till 2019.

you need to take 1 exam from CCNP to re-certify lower level for another 3 years. you must take all CCNP exams within 3 years to get cert.

Good luck!

• 2. Re: CCNA R & S expiration
            Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Hasan,

To recertify any active/valid Associate level certification such as CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, etc. you only need to pass one quaifying exam on or before the certification expiration date. If you pass any one exam from the CCNP R&S track, it will automatically recertify all of your valid Associate certifications.

Also, a valid pre-requisite is required for CCNP R&S, so a valid CCNA R&S certification is needed to achieve CCNP R&S. See: Routing & Switching (CCNP)

On a side note - The CCNA Voice certification is retired so it will not be possible to recertify this certification, unfortunately. However, it will continue to be valid until it reaches the expiration date. The replacement certification is CCNA Collaboration. The good news is that any candidate who currently holds a valid CCNA Voice certification can convert to CCNA Collaboration by passing the 210-065 CIVND exam. See: CCNA Voice to CCNA Collaboration FAQ for information as well.

If the CCNA Voice is already expired, then it will be necessary to complete the entire certification track to achieve CCNA Collaboration.

All the best!

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• 3. Re: CCNA R & S expiration
              hasan

I have one more query, if I passed ccnp r &s all three exam can I get certificate  from cisco (according  to your reply my. Ccna associate exam were not valid)?

• 4. Re: CCNA R & S expiration

Hi Hasan,

Regarding my previous response, I was just providing some general information about the CCNP R&S pre-requisite requirement. If you currently hold a valid CCNA R&S certification, then you have already fulfilled the pre-requisite requirement.

To achieve the CCNP R&S certification, you will need to pass the 3 required exams: ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT. Each individual professional exam is valid for 3 years, so you will have 3 years to complete the CCNP R&S requirements, starting from the date of the first passed required exam.

If you need assistance based on your current exam records, please open a case with the Certification & Communities Online Support team for assistance. The support agent will be able to check your exam history and current certification status.

All the best!

Regards,

Rigo

• 5. Re: CCNA R & S expiration
                  Ali

Hi Rigo,

Kindly, direct me to join into Cisco Learning Network. I would like to study Network online but I do not know how and where to start. Can you guide me to join into this network class?

• 6. Re: CCNA R & S expiration

Hi Ali,

If you're just starting out, you may consider pursuing the entry level certification, CCENT. To achieve this certification, candidates only need to take and pass the 100-105 ICND1 exam.

To begin, you want to familiarize yourself with the ICND1 Exam Topics (blueprint) to get an understanding of what you are expected to know before you take the exam. We recommend referring to the exam topics regularly during your studies to help assess your understanding of the topics and/or fill in the gaps.

If you'd like to use online training, there is a self-paced ICND1 E-learning course that you may consider checking out. The E-learning course consists of instructor videos and text, interactive practice labs, review questions and more to help you master those skills and increase your level of knowledge to help you pass the exam. For more information and for a free trial version, please visit Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) v3.0 E-learning

The Official Cert Guides for ICND1 exam is also recommended and can be purchased directly through Cisco Press. Supplemental resources are available in the ICND1 Study Material page, where you will find them organized according to the exam blueprint.

Lastly, I would also encourage you to join the CCENT/CCNA R&S Study Group where you can participate and ask questions that will help you learn and better understand the topics/technologies as you prepare for the exam. Simply click the "Join this group" button on the main group page to start posting.

For all other certification information including certification requirements, recommended training and more, visit IP Networking (CCENT). Good luck!

Regards,

Rigo

• 7. Re: CCNA R & S expiration
                      thomas

I would also suggest that while there is so much information on the internet its important to make sure your using the most up to date training material that is used for CCENT or CCNA. I have found other websites that are using older versions of the training which can miss newer areas of information needed for current exam.

Best Regards

Tom