7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2018 5:23 PM by Michelle RSS

Just passed CCNA Security !! - My experience

Miguel

Hi All,

As you may have read above I have passed my CCNA Security yesterday, I will tell you a little bit about my experience.

I don't have much experience with security or ASAs I work in IT but not directly involved with network security,  this was the main reason I took the certification, however, I read about security daily and I like to be informed what is happening in the wild.

As you may have done, one of the first things I did was to check the Cisco learning to see what people think about this exam, my surprise I lot of people said this is a very tough exam and very far from the official blueprint, the truth is that it has a lot of questions that go beyond the official certification guide, it is important to study current network attacks to applications and layer 2 devices, also secure access.

I studied using a whole series of video from INE, CBT Nuggets, Official Cisco certification guides and "experience" from the past, even like that It took me few attempts to pass it, mostly my success was due to study the questions I got and learn from my mistakes...

With this message I don't want to discourage you, I just want to make you prepare better than I did for this exam, study hard this is worth it. If you think about it if the certification it's harder it means it has more value over others which I think should encourage to pass it no matter how many times takes (3 in my case).

I have been studying for this exam long time and finally passed and I wanted to share my experience with people trying to pass as me.

I hope this is helpful !  ---  Study and work harder!