1 2 3 Previous Next 83 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2019 9:57 PM by Santi RSS

Ask Me Anything

Santi

Hi everyone,

The CCIEW exam was updated from v3.0 to v3.1 at the beginning of November 2017. I wanted to reach out to the community and make sure that everyone is aware of the changes and, answer any questions that you may have. Please feel free to get in touch.

CCIEW v3.1 BP Exam Topics

CCIEW v3.1 Hardware & Software Lab Exam v3.1 Equipment and Software List

CCIEW v3.1 Changes CCIE Wireless Written and Lab Content Updates v3.1

CCIEW v3.1 Learning Matrix Study Material

Cheers,

Santi.

• 1. Re: Ask Me Anything
          mrncciew

Hi Santi,

Thank you for having this conversation. I am sure it will benefit many candidates who are on this journey.

Regards

Rasika

• 2. Re: Ask Me Anything
            mrncciew

Hi Santi,

Is it possible to tell exact software code versions that use in v3.1 lab ?

Eg. Given document states WLC code version 8.3, since there are multiple revisions in 8.3, it is difficult for someone decide which one used in the lab exam (unless you attempt lab exam before). As these revisions got multiple fixes for known issues, it is good to know.

Regards

Rasika

• 3. Re: Ask Me Anything
              Santi

Hey Rasika, good to hear from you. I hope you are doing well.

I hope that the info. below answers your question. Just a little caveat, while we will try as much as possible not to change software versions during the life of the current release, we might do so if during development of new exam content we hit a particular bug. If we do decide to change the software, we will always remain within the main code release, 8.3.X for the 5508s for example (as listed in the CCIEW v3.1 Hardware & Software link I put in my original post). But, if that was to happen, I'll add the information here...how is that for a deal?   The caveat would mainly apply to the IOS/AireOS boxes, it would be very rare for us to upgrade the code of any of the VMs due to other constrains.

3650#show version

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.06.02E RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

4500#show version

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch  Software (cat4500es8-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.06.02.E RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Autonomous 3700#show version

Cisco IOS Software, C3700 Software (AP3G2-K9W7-M), Version 15.3(3)JA1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Autonomous 3700#show version

Cisco IOS Software, C3700 Software (AP3G2-K9W7-M), Version 15.3(3)JD4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

(5500) >show sysinfo

Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.

Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller

Product Version.................................. 8.3.121.0

Bootloader Version............................... 1.0.20

Field Recovery Image Version..................... 7.6.101.1

Firmware Version................................. FPGA 1.7, Env 1.8, USB console 2.2

(Mobility Express 1850) >show sysinfo

Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.

Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller

Product Version.................................. 8.3.121.0

[cmx@MSE ~]$ cmxctl version

-----------------------------------------

Build Version   : 10.3.0-601

Build Time      : 2017-03-31 22:25:30.387813

------------------------------------------------------------

ISE# show version

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 3.0

ADE-OS Build Version: 3.0.2.218

ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Version information of installed applications

---------------------------------------------------------

Cisco Identity Services Engine

-----------------------------------------

Version      : 2.2.0.470

Build Date   : Wed Jan 25 20:52:23 2017

Cisco Identity Services Engine Patch

-------------------------------------------------

Version      : 1

PI# show version

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 3.1

ADE-OS Build Version: 3.1.0.001

ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Version information of installed applications

---------------------------------------------------------

Cisco Prime Infrastructure

Version : 3.2.0

Build : 3.2.0.0.258

• 4. Re: Ask Me Anything
                Jeff Rensink

Thanks a ton for hosting this Santi!  I'm spreading the word about it.

Having those actual code versions is very helpful as even minor code differences can impact features/behaviors/bugs.

• 5. Re: Ask Me Anything
                  Santi

Hey Jeff,

Thank you for spreading the word.

Anything to help!

Cheers,

Santi.

• 6. Re: Ask Me Anything
                    phil morgan

The word is out, I don't understand why everyone is being so shy.

A forum with Santi, mrncciew, and Jeff in, is a rare treat!

Thanks for doing this Santi.

• 7. Re: Ask Me Anything
                      Santi

Hey Phil, no probs. Anytime!

Good to see you here too

Cheers,

Santi.

• 8. Re: Ask Me Anything
                        Hossam

Hi Santi,

It looks nice opening such way of communication with people who really care for CCIE wireless as the sources are few , and I hope we can have through this conservation the vision that helps to build the knowledge then pass the exam...thanks for being here .

My questions is yet to come as I'm in the foundation phase.

jrensink78 Thanks for the announcement Jeff .

• 9. Re: Ask Me Anything
                          Jeff Rensink

Here is a question that I've wondered about...

So from my understanding of what was mentioned at a few different Cisco Live techtorials, the racks are all located in either San Jose or Brussels.  If you happen to be on a Brussels rack, will the APs use the -E regulatory domain?  Or do all racks use APs in the -A/B regulatory domains regardless of location to keep things consistent across the board?

Just wondering if it's something to watch out for as that has the potential to impact certain configurations.

• 10. Re: Ask Me Anything
                            mrncciew

Hi Santi,

Thanks for prompt response.

wOw, Information you provided in your response helps to clear any doubts among candidates on software versions. Thank you providing such a valuable information.

Hope this session does not have any time limit.(ie you will respond to any question over time)

Regards

Rasika  

• 11. Re: Ask Me Anything
                              Tomislav

Hi Santi,

this is a great thing, you opening to the community and willing to talk with us and help us.

I will be following this discussion and posting questions and comments.

Br,

Tomislav

• 12. Re: Ask Me Anything
                                Darren Johnson

Hi Santi, thanks for this engagement with the community. I have the following questions if possible;

1. I took the v3.0 lab which was a bad experience*. Just curious as to how the lab candidate feedback has been for v3.1 in comparison to v3.0. My hope is that the v3.1 feedback is more positive when compared to v3.0 as that lab was poorly designed in my honest opinion. *Note: I have passed 2 CCIEs previously so I'm not new to the lab process and like to think I have a balanced view.
                                2. This is more a question for those who haven't experienced the "new" Diagnostic section of the lab - can you provide a few sample Diagnostic questions of a similar level to the lab for potential candidates to simulate the Diagnostic section? There are sample CCIE Written exam questions on www.cisco.com and I think this would help first time lab takers to understand the process to them.....
                                3. If this is outside the scope of what you can answer I understand - but are you expected to configure any Windows related items - such as DNS, DHCP, Jabber, AnyConnect profiles, etc or is this part pre-configured for us? I assume we need to configure it but thought I would ask anyway.....
                                4. Again, if this is confidential no need to answer - roughly how many CCIE Wireless individuals are there today?

Thanks

DJ

• 13. Re: Ask Me Anything
                                  Ric

Hi santilop

Thanks for your post! A quick Q regarding Anyconnect/the USB NIC - Has the setup been altered at all for v3.1? I had issues in 3.0 where the NIC would just disappear if I did a repair and Anyconnect would present a blank network thing until the proctor reset it and/or I restarted the windows machine. Although I was given additional time this did lead to a disjointed lab experience as each reset meant opening all the windows up again and setting up the RDP session again with browser tabs etc.

Thanks,

Ric

• 14. Re: Ask Me Anything
                                    Santi

Hi Hossam,

Thanks for your comment. Regards resources, we are trying to improve the situation We are currently working on a new CCIE Wireless book which, we hope, will be out at some point during this Summer (2018). I will post more updates here as the project progresses and we have more specific dates about availability.

Cheers,

Santi.

1 2 3 Previous Next