1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 12, 2018 10:01 AM by Rigo - Community Moderator RSS

CCNP not completed with CCNA expiring

Giacomo

Hello all,

I recived my CCNA R&S certification Sep 27, 2013. Successively i enrolled in CCNP R&S.

On Jan 15, 2015 i got the CCNP Route certification that re-enable my CCNA untill 15/01/2018. I still have to complete the CCNP process, missing Switching and Troubleshooting exams.

I won't be able to renovate the certificate in this period.

If my CCNA expires and i redo it, will my CCNP Route still hold or i should start again also the CCNP?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: CCNP not completed with CCNA expiring
          Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Giacomo,

If your CCNA R&S certification expires, it will be necessary to complete the requirements again to re-obtain the certification. For current requirement information, please visit Routing & Switching (CCNA)

For the ROUTE exam, you would also have to take and pass the exam again after it expires. Each individual Professional level is valid for exactly 3 years from the pass date and they cannot be recertified/extended by passing other exams. Due to the valid time-frame for each exam, candidates have 3 years to complete the requirements for CCNP R&S, starting from the date of the first exam pass.

We wish you the very best on your certification goals!

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator