There isn't a labs chapter. Normally the lab guides are purchased separately but also, in this case, SECFND is mostly general theory and not really configuration or troubleshooting of any kind.
I haven't taken the SECFND exam, but from what I've heard there aren't any labs and it's all theory questions. Maybe someone else here can confirm that for us.
thank you very much, friend @Luke Savage. i'm following your advice and today i start new walk, this road going to my CCNA CyberOps. 2018 i must have this certificate and CISSP, CEH, CSA+. let's do it together if you want, email@example.com is my email skype:admar.nelson we can chat by video or text and also +244916763560 my what'sapp,
Please join me in this project
- The 633-page Cisco-Official-Study-Guide, does not have any labs. If you had bought the "premium edition" you get two additional exams (of 60 questions each) to prepare for Certification Exam 210-250, using Pearson-Test-Preparation-Engine (you download the software from Pearson, after creating your account). So, you have access to 60 X 4 =240 plus DIKTA (Do I Know This Already) 148 questions & answers; a total of 388 questions & answers. Pearson regularly update the questions for online access, and every time you start the PTP engine, it automatically checks for any available update before you are allowed to begin your test. You may save any of the 5 exams or separate-chapter-exams that you do, to check on your progress as you go along.
- One good thing about the PTP engine is that, you can give them feedback instantly for any question-answer you do not like, do not agree with concept, or you find a typo....etc. They will provide comment to your email address, to say whether they think the "Q or the A or both" are OK as it is............if they accept that you have suggested a better / or a more-correct-option, they will let you know accordingly and change the data-base for all users.
- Because of regular updating process, you will probably find the questions given in the printed-book have changed somewhat for the online edition (for which you do have continuous access).
- The Certification Exam comprise 60 to 65 questions usually; there are no labs. However, some of the questions do ask actual commands used for getting some info (in a multiple-choice-format). So, it is very important that you do complete the Labs in your cohort-program. Make notes etc. If you can manage to take the exams during the cohort-program of 3 months, you will be in an ideal situation, as the mentors will be accessible for clarifying any theory or lab or certification-exam questions. However, they will not be in a position to give you any certification-exam-questions.
- I managed to pass the SEC-FND certification exam, but had a tough time, as I had to take the exam much later, due to work/family commitments, when I had no mentor access. What I found is that the 388 questions in the book/PTP engine give you a very solid base. The Question and answers given by the cohort-program are also good. But all these are not enough if you are not experienced in networking, windows, linux, and security fields. In that case, you will have to do additional preparation/research regarding say what is really "data", what are different types of "data", what are the details of protocols such as HTTP, TCP, IP, UDP, NTP.....what are their headers, various filelds etc., particularly related to Wireshark, Tcpdump packet captures etc. Cisco will give you a scenario (short/brief), and you will have to interpret correctly for choosing the correct answer in the multiple-choice-format. You will have to be able to link various concepts for a successful outcome.
I wish you all the best.